Distraction

(Unedited.)

Salvatore Boarding House

"You like her."

Damon's eyebrows rose for a fraction of a second after he processed Stefan's words.

"Who?"
"Evangeline. You like her." Stefan smiled slightly while Damon scoffed.
"Stefan I barely like you."  He pushed passed his younger brother.
"You like her Damon." Stefan repeated, while Damon's back was still turned. "I don't know who you think you're fooling, but it's not working."

Damon kept his back to him not bothering to reply. While he wanted to pretend Stefan's 'accusation' had no affect on him he couldn't help but let his words sink in.

You like her.

Did he?

He did the only thing he could think off.

"I can't believe you called me."

Damon laid back in his bathe tub with Andie Star after their sex session a few minutes prior.

"I thought I was being way to forward when I had Jenna give you my number."

"I like a woman who knows what she wants." He continued to flirt.

"Thank you. So what do you want mister tall, dark and handsome?"
"I'm not that tall." He grinned before actually answering. "I need a distraction."
"You can booty call me anytime you want." Andie offered.
"You see, the thing is, miss sexy reporter, I have a problem I need help with." Damon took a sip of his wine. "It's really messing with my mind"
"Oh, tell me about it." the reporter in her was anxious to hear gossip.

"I'm in love with a woman I could never have." Damon simply stated.
"I knew it. I know how to pick them." She sighed. "So, why can't you have her? She's with another man I assume?"

"That's not the point." Damon waved his hand is a dismissing motion. " The point is I'm in love with her and that drive me crazy. I'm not in control."
"You don't trust yourself around her?" A die quizzed.
"I don't trust myself around anyone, Andie. But that's not all."
"There's more to the cliché? Do tell." She smirked cheekily.

"There's someone else." The look in Damon's eye became distant as he thought about Evangeline.
"Another girl? Your a busy boy Mr.Salvatore."
"Yup. One that drives me absolutely insane and I've known her, if you could call it that, for 2 weeks. She just like me, but she's so much better. She good, but so fucking bad all at the same time. She takes my mind off the other one. "

"So, what's the problem?"
"I can't have her either." He answered snapping out of his daze.
"I don't get it. Why not."

"Because I'm bad, Andie. I do things. I kill people."

The fear that suddenly washed over Andie was evident, grabbing her gently, he competed it away.

"Don't be afraid, you're okay."

"Why do you kill people?" She visibly relaxed easing back into conversation.
"Because I like it. It's in my nature, it's who I am but then I have to stay together to protect her and she wants me to be a better man which means I can't be who I am." Frustrated Damon slightly splashed water as he used his hands while talking. "Then the other one. She understands. She accepts it already. She kills too but not without reason. Me. I'm reckless. Where for either of them Id have to be better. Do you see the problem I'm having, Andie?"