Substitute Teachers

(Unedited)

(Unedited)

Salvatore Boarding House

The fifth body to show up in Mystic Falls in the past 48 hours.

Evangeline.

He knew it was her.,humanityless Evangeline was more cold and ruthless than Damon could ever be.

To say he was hurt was an understatement. In the better part of 30 days and had managed to invade him in every way possible; his senses, his mind, and his heart. Evangeline I love her Mark physically, mentally and emotionally and then left him with nothing. Nothing but a cold cold dark shell of herself. One that was dead set on destroying him and everyone he cared about.

With the flip of a switch, she became everything he believed she was incapable of being. Him. She was everything he hated about himself.

But could he hate her?

No. it was impossible. But he would try. Hating her would be better than loving her, and feeling the pain from doing so. And in moments like this, where he sat alone, consumed by his thoughts of pain, guilt, anger, and regret, he contemplated turning of his humanity himself.

"It's not her Damon, not really." A voice bought him back to reality. Turning Elena stepped completely into view.

Scoffing, the vampire put on his usual facade.

"How would you know? You know nothing about her or what it's like to turn off your humanity." Though his statement was true, Elena could hear the bitterness in his voice.

"You're right. But from speaking with her myself and what I gathered from the way you talk and feel about her, we both know this isn't her." The doppelgänger paused as if thinking what she should say next. "Evangeline was hurt and it's our fault. Everyone handles grief differently, turning off her humanity was just her way."
"Yeah well it was your life or her brother so, you know, whatever." Damon shrugged as if it were no big deal.

With a humorless chuckle, the brunette looked down with a slight shake of her head.

"Yeah well," she mimicked looking back at Damon. "I'm starting to wonder if my life is worth everyone else's lives and their happiness."

With that being said, Elena turned leaving Damon alone with his dark thoughts.

The two Salvatore brothers stood outside talking amongst themselves while Elena took care of business inside. With the full moon approaching rapidly and no one knowing the whereabouts of Klaus, Damon and Stefan both agreed that the best place for Elena was at the boarding house. So they came up with the idea to have her sign to deed, giving her the power to control who gets in and who gets out. The perfect safe house.