Elijah's Word

(Unedited.)

The Lockwood Manor

The day had continued with Evangeline keeping an eye on everything and everyone. While she stayed out of sight she kept track of Elena and watched over her little friends. It wasn't until she caught Stefan and Caroline's conversation did she make her presence known. She did just that when she appeared in front of Stefan when he made it to the Lockwoods.

"What are you doing here?" Stefan yelled in a whisper.
"Accompanying you to ensure you don't screw this up." She answer.
"How do you even-" he shook his head, "it doesn't matters. You're not coming."
"Dear Stefan, you and I both know you have no say in the matter." Amusement in her voice she smiled. "Now, come. We're wasting time."

The younger vampire cursed under his breath before following after Evangeline knowing there was no real power struggle between the two. Finding the werewolf in the study downstairs, the two entered the house with ease, Evangeline had been invited in ages ago. As soon Tyler sees Stefan and tries to leave but Stefan stops him.

"I'm not gonna hurt you. I just want to talk." Stefan said calmly as Evangeline walked around the other way, boxing Tyler in.
"Then why did you break in?" He further accused.
"Would you have let me in otherwise?" Stefan pointed out.
"Who the hell are you?" Tyler asked eyeing her.
"Language." She warned in a teasing tone. "I'm Evangeline Mikaelson. Nice to meet you."

Before he got a chance to say anything else, they all froze at the sound of footsteps coming down the stairs.

"Tyler?" His mother, Carol, called out.

Tyler scrambled to leave the room but Stefan catches him and pushes him against the wall. His face changing in means to frighten Tyler.

"Shhh. Not a word." He whispered to Tyler.

Once his mother had announced she was leaving, after getting no reply she left for the memorial and Stefan released Tyler. Evangeline continued to observe quietly like she normally did. Though she hated to admit it, it wasn't until recently that she'd become so vocal. Her father had instilled in her that a lady doesn't speak unless spoken to. It stuck with her but so did observing, being the eyes and ears for her siblings just like she had done when she was human. Evangeline was quite the sneak.

"Maybe we get off on the wrong foot here." Stefan began taking a small step back.
"What happened to Mason?" He questioned venom in his voice.
"Tyler, there's a lot for us to talk about." Stefan evaded the question.

Trying to make a break for it, he did his best to maneuver around Stefan only for him to be caught.

"I wouldn't do that. Without a full moon you're not match for me." Stefan reminded.

Yanking him off of Tyler, Evangeline threw Stefan to the side helping Tyler off the wall as he gained his composure.

"Excuse my friend here. He can be a bit rude," she apologized with a friendly smile.

She smoothed out his shirt and pushed back his hair smiling at him.

"There. That's better. Now," she looked him directly in the eye. "Tyler, if you don't mind, could you just listen to what Stefan and I have to say? We'll only be a moment." Evangeline asked sweetly.