Humanity Part 1

(Unedited.)

Elena had done the one thing no one would ever expected her to do. She removed the dagger from Elijah and let him roam free.

Why?

Simple. They were losing. Klaus had proved to be more powerful than any of them could imagine. He was an older, more experienced, and strong vampire than the Salvatore's were. His witch was better, more powerful, than Bonnie and was even with the power she'd been channeling from the 100 dead witches. No, if they were going to  eradicate Klaus, they were going to need someone on their side who

A. Knew how to take him out
And B. Was evenly matched with him

Since Evangeline clearly wasn't an option, that left Elijah. However, Elena knew the boy's would never agree so she took matters into her own hands.

They had left.

She had gotten Elijah some blood bags for him to feed from to gain his strength. While he fed she contemplated on where to start. Start with telling him about Klaus being in town and his tricks, His dead witch friends and the power Bonnie had accumulated, it about his twin sister, Evangeline, who cut off her humanity and was stuck in the cell in the basement next to the one he once laid it it.

With a sigh, she decided it was best to get a move on it all.

"You look better." She finally spoke.
"Where did you get the dagger?" Elijah cut his eyes at her.
"I'll tell you everything. But we have to work together, Elijah. I need your word." At this the original chuckled.
"Your ability to make demands has long passed."
"No demands. I'm offering you my help." Elena corrected him. "And in return, I want yours."
"And why should I even consider this?" He questioned dryly.
"The same reason that you haven't killed me. You need my help to kill Klaus. And I need you."

Her phone rings, and after seeing it was Stefan calling, Elena answered with a sigh.

"Hello."
"Where are you? Are you ok?"

Elijah fought rolling his eyes and letting out a displeased sigh. He was no stranger to the allure of the Petrova doppleganger, but seeing as this was Stefan's second rodeo with one of them, he couldn't bring him to feel sorry for the bloke.

Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.

As he tuned out the rest of Elena's conversation, his mind wondered to his twin sister.

Where is she?
Is she okay?

At the moment, all he wanted to do was get to Evangeline. They had never been a part like this. Sure they may not have always lived together, but they spoke daily, always sharing the highlight of each other day with one another.

He could  help but wonder how she took his untimely demise.

"Listen to me. He can't be trusted He'll use you to get to Klaus."

He could hear Stefan try to reason with the mortal.

"Elijah is a noble man, Stefan." Elena spoke clearly while staring at the original.

True.

"He lives by a code of honor."

True.

" I can trust him."

False.

"He knows that I'd be incredibly stupid to betray him again. By removing the dagger, I have proven myself."