Chapter 52 • "At the door."

Luke's POV

"Michael? Did you...?" I couldn't find my words as I stared into the eyes of who was in front of me. I walked back into the living room leaving the door open. I looked at Michael "Did you invite her?"

"Who?" Michael says looking up from his phone.

"Tilly." I say.

"No. Where is she?"

"At the door." I reply.

"We'll let her in." He says.

I return to the door and gesture for her to come in and she does without a word.

"I'll be in our room Michael." I tell him.

I spent half an hour sitting on my bed watching the time go by until I finally decided to go and have a shower and go to bed after that. I walk out to the living room and I only see Tilly in there sitting on the sofa watching TV.

"Michael? Calum? Ashton?" I call.

"They went out to get some food." I hear a soft voice speak that is Tilly's. "The fridge is empty." I slowly turned my head to face her and nodded before continuing towards the bathroom door.

"Luke." I'm stopped by her voice. "Can I talk-"

"Why did you come here?" I ask with pain in my voice.

"Because I can't be without you." She says.

"Well you're going to have to learn to live that way." I say.

"I thought you loved me." She says and I feel the water brimming in my eyes.

"I do." I say.

"Then why can't we-"

"We can't okay." I end it and run into the bathroom locking the door behind me and jumping straight in the shower.

Tilly's POV

After his painful words there was nothing I could do to hold back the tears, fell and fell like a streaming waterfall. I came here to make things right, fix things up, go back to normal but now my life will never be the same again. I gathered all my things, packed my suitcase and left. I was sure to find a hotel somewhere. I left quickly and called an uber to take me to the nearest hotel. I patiently waited for the lift to arrive to the floor and when it did I was relieved until the doors opened.

"Tilly where are you going?" Ashton asked. I couldn't even look him in the eye or say one word without wanting to tell him about Rosie. I know its bad but he has a right to know.

"Michael can you come with me." I say and get in the lift with him as Calum and Ashton get out.

Luke's POV

I turned the water off and stepped out the shower. I dried my face and swept my hair back as I heard the door open and close. Thank god the boys are back. I quickly slipped on my sweat pants and a t-shirt before opening he door to join the boys. I was met with an empty room and no sign of the boys or Tilly. The first thing I noticed was her things were gone.

I walked quickly into mine and Michaels room and got changed put some shoes on and grabbed my phone. Calum and Ashton came in just as I left but I ran past them without a word. I almost made it before the lift doors closed but it was too late. I pressed the button several times in the hope that it would hurry up. When it finally arrived I was relieved. Michael was in the lift.

"What are you doing?" He asked stepping out the lift.

"I'm going to find Tilly." I say. "Do you have know where she went."