02 - Rude apple

Aria Watson:

Mondays. I hate Mondays. The one day a week I am stuck watching my younger sister. The one day a week I always ended up having assignments in Science. The one day a week that tuna is served in the cafeteria. It couldn't get any worse.

   I grab an apple, a banana and a Caesar salad. Once my tray is full, I search for our lunch table. Maya hurries to grab her food. "Come on!" I call out and take a seat beside Lucas. He smiles and gives me a quick peck on the cheek. "Hey guys!" Shane shines a charming smile.

   Maya slides in the seat beside me. Then Shane and Emily join. I smile at them both. Everyone begins talking about the game the other night. The guys have one next weekend and Lucas couldn't be more excited.

   Soccer is as important to me as it is to Lucas. I believe that is why we work so well together. We are both leaders.

   I add in my opinion trying to stay engaged in the conversation. However, my eyes continue to travel around the room. I haven't seen Sebastian all morning. In fact, I barely ever see him around. All of my classes are advanced, and he clearly isn't at that academic level.

   I take a large bite of my apple. My eyes widen at the sight of a tall brown haired boy. There he was, sitting at a table all alone. His black earbuds are in, just as they were last night. I can tell he is texting someone by the way his thumbs are moving on his phone.

   I'm dying to speak to him, and I'm not sure why. He doesn't look approachable. In fact, he is the exact opposite.

   "Babe, you okay?" Lucas wraps an arm around my shoulder. My eyes finally leave Sebastian and fixate on Lucas. "Yeah, yeah. I'm good." I smile. "Then why are you eating a straw?" He laughs.

   I immediately flush. I have been chewing a straw for the past five minutes. I mentally slap myself and fake a laugh.

   "She's too focused on Sebastian over there." Maya laughs. I slap her arm.

   Lucas raises an eyebrow. "Sebastian?"  He asks.

   "Well, yeah.." My eyes wander to Emily. She immediately shakes her head.

   "Don't even think about talking to him. His personality is a never ending black hole." She warns. "That's what..happened in the change room." She sighs.

   "I know. I wasn't ever planning on talking to him, I was just wondering why he was all alone." I lie. We fall into an awkward silence. I can feel the tension building and I am praying for someone to say something.

   "Well then, enough about the social outcast. Let's get to class." Shane smiles. I thank him with a smile back.  I needed to get out of that situation somehow.

   I collect everyone's scraps and bring it over to the garbage bins. I place the trays above the garbage and throw out the last bits of food. Before I can turn around, someone peers behind me to throw out their garbage.

   I can feel his gaze once again. Sebastian. I spin around to see his large chest in front of me. He was even taller than Lucas. I look up to see him looking down on me.

   His gaze is more intense than I imagined. His perfectly chiseled jaw clenches as our gazes lock. His glowing hazel eyes stare right into my blue ones.