07 - Odd Friendships

Sebastian Peters:

   I am extremely shocked that Aria ran across the field, simply to yell at me. It was an invitation. It was not directed to her, at least I'll let her think that.

   "What?" I huff. The moonlight shines on her beautiful brown hair. The fluorescent lighting allows her entire body to glow. I notice every droplet of sweat tracing her beautiful olive skin. Aria is a work of art.

   "First, you decline to watch the soccer game. Then, you state we are strictly lab partners. And now, I see that you have been hiding in the shadows this entire time to invite me to a party? What the hell is up with you?" She crosses her arms over her chest and leans her body weight onto her right hip.

Aria is an annoying work of art.

  "You're the one who sat down with me. You're the one who got yourself in to the mess that I am. I am not forcing
you to go, I am asking." I remind her. My large hands slip into my jean pockets.

   "You're right, I don't have to go. And I will not." She turns on her heel and begins walking in the other direction. Well that was fast. Normally is takes a few minutes before she storms off. She didn't even allow me to try and win this fight.

   My instinct gets the better of me, allowing the words to flow out of my mouth. "Aria!" I call. She spins around, her ponytail whacking her in the face.

   "Just come, what's the hurt in a little fun?" I smirk. She marches quickly toward me.

   "Fun? Fun?! You are anything but fun." She fakes a laugh.

   I roll my eyes. "Come on, don't be such a sour puss." I coo.

   "I thought you were some antisocial lunatic, why do you want to go to this party so badly?" She questions.

   I extend my fingers. "Number one, I secretly have friends. Number two, their are plenty of gorgeous girls who would love to-"

   "You're disgusting!" She shrieks.

   "Who would love to dance with me." I laugh. The ghost of a smile appears on her lips, yet she forces a straight face.

   "Number three, there is no fucking way I am staying home with my father," I huff.

   She rolls her eyes. "Fine, Seb. I'll go."

   The sides of my lips curl up into a smile. I love the way my nickname sounds coming out of her lips. Finally, she runs into the school.

-

I lean against my car, tapping my feet as I wait. Aria, Lucas and Maya informed me that they would meet me in the parking lot once they were ready. I continued to eye the field.

It was a glowing green colour. The watered grass was perfectly cut.

Perfect to play on, I thought. I hadn't touched a soccer ball since mom passed. I hadn't even been on a field until mid-grade nine. I decided to try out for the football team, and although I did make it, I couldn't bare to play on that field every day.

I watch the stars twinkle in the dark sky. Why did I come tonight? Why do I keep dragging myself to this field, simply to watch this girl play?

"You ready?" A girl cheers happily. I lower my head to see Maya. She was a lot shorter than me, roughy 5'4. Her hair was a beautiful blonde colour. However, she could never compare to Aria.

Lucas wraps an arm around Aria. What a perfect couple, I think.

I nod my head and begin to my car. Lucas jumps in the passenger seat and the girls slide into the back. I don't hesitate to pull out of the parking lot.