20 - And then, there was one.

Aria Watson:

   "You did an amazing job, Maya!" I smile once we find a table.

     "Didn't I?" She smiles successfully.

    Loud music booms through the gym. There are blue, silver and purple streamers and balloons everywhere you turn. Yearbook committee is on everyone's every move, capturing the special moment. Some people are sitting and sipping from cups, others are dancing and taking pictures at the photo booth.

    Everything is moving smoothly, almost perfectly.

    "Come on, guys, let's dance!" Shane howls, standing from his seat. He reaches for Maya's hand and leads her to the dance floor. Conversations and laughter fill the room, although it is barely noticeable through the music.

     Lucas stands up and does a quick spin on the spot. He places a hand on his hip and gestures the other. "Shall we?" He deepens his voice.

    I laugh loudly, taking his hand. "You're a nut case!" I announce as he leads me to the dance floor.

    "Nuts for you!" He chuckles, spinning me into his arms. Great.

    I smile slightly as we rock to the music. As the song continues I begin to add a little hop in my step. I notice Lucas doing the same.

    By the end of the fourth song we were in complete party mode. Lucas, Shane, Maya and I were jumping up and down, swaying our feet and arms to the catchy beat.

     It only now crossed my mind that I haven't seen Sebastian yet. I wonder if he even showed up. I continue to dance, my mind bobbing like the rest of my body.

     I can't seem to resist the urge to see Sebastian. I find myself glancing over Lucas' shoulder to see if he's there. I occasionally spin around just to get a quick look of the gym.

    It's packed with people. There is no way I'll see him now, unless I was to go to sit back at our table.

    "What's wrong?" Lucas yells.

    "Nothing, I'm having a great time."
I say in his ear.

    His lips curl up into a smile. "Good, so am I!" He states happily.

    The song fades out, then a new one fades in. It's a lot slower than the previous ones, however I can't put my finger on the title of it.

    Lucas reaches for my hands, holding them in his. "Come here," He smiles, pulling me close. I rest my head on his shoulder. His large hands grip my waist firmly. We sway softly to the music.

    I wrap my arms around his neck. "All of the stars!" I announce.

   Lucas gives me an odd look, his eyebrow slightly raised. "The song is All of the Stars by Ed Sheeran." I chuckle in his ear.

   He nods, a smile on his face.

   Once the song finishes, I figure it's time to make my escape. "I'm gonna get a drink, be back in a bit okay?" I smile.

   He gives me a quick peck on the lips.  "Sounds good," He smiles.

    I wave him off and begin towards the punch table. I squirm through the large crowd repeating the words "excuse me" after bumping into several people. I am finally able to breathe once I reach the corner of the gym. There is a large table with several punch bowls and snacks. I grab a red solo cup and begin pouring myself a drink.

    My eyes roam around the room in search of a particular hazel eyed boy. I continue to wonder if he was even here. I might just be searching for no reason. However, my eyes won't stop glancing around the room.