16 - Perfect imperfections

Sebastian Peters:

    I glance up to see large, bold, white letters that spell out 'Raymond's Steakhouse.' My stomach turns as I place my palm on the door handle. Stop it, I tell myself. I'm not nervous.

    I adjust my dress shirt and pat down my jeans, entering the restaurant. A sweet looking lady, most likely in her mid forties, greets me at the front.

   Her hair is a blonde-brown, tied in an elegant bun. Her white blouse is tucked into a black pencil skirt. "How may I help you?" She smiles. I now notice the slightest bit of wrinkles on her face.

    "Um, I'm here with someone. The Watson's?" I say awkwardly.

    She glances down at her clipboard, flipping the sheet of paper. Her thin finger slides down the board. "Ah, Dan Watson?" She confirms.

    I nod, keeping a small smile on my face.

    "Right this way!" She beams, leading me through the restaurant. Everything is very classy and elegant. In the middle, there are large brown tables set to fill six to eight people. Against the walls are booths, for one to four people.

    Each table has a white table cloth over top, along with forks, knives and condiments. The booths have the same, except for the table cloth.

    We stop at one of the booths at the end of the restaurant. Aria's father, Dan, is sitting beside her younger sister on one side. On the other, Aria sits alone. Her hair is tucked behind her ear, giving me a glimpse of her bright red lipstick and beautiful face.

    Her dress is black and simple, yet she still looked amazing in it. I stare at the booth for a moment before sliding into the seat beside Aria. Everyone's heads immediately turn to me.

    "Hey, Seb!" Aria smiles happily, wrapping her arms around me.

    I smile brightly, gladly wrapping mine around her thin figure. I give her a small squeeze, and release from the hug.

    "Hello Mr. Watson. I'm Sebastian Peters, one of Aria's friends." I smile, extending my arm across the table.

    An approving grin flashes across his face. He shakes my hand tightly, giving it a small squeeze. I can tell he doesn't fool around by the way his grip tightened when he shook my hand.

    "You're a very nice kid by the looks of it." He nods.

   I chuckle slightly. "Thanks," I don't get that too often.

    "Hi, Sebastian! I'm Lana, Aria's not-so-little sister. B-T-Dubs I'm so much better than her." She smiles proudly.

    I laugh loudly at her comment, yet Aria doesn't seem too impressed. "Shut up." She rolls her eyes, sticking out her pink tongue.

    I nudge Aria's shoulder slightly, glancing at her from the corner of my eye. She's staring at me, a large smile on her face.

    "Hi! I'm Rebecca and I will be serving you this evening. Would you like to start off with drinks?" A preppy girl beams, handing us all brown menus.

    Her attire is similar to the women who works at the front, except this girl is far more young. Her hair is loose and short up to her shoulders.

    "Sounds great. I'll have a Coke, and Lana here will have an iced tea. Aria, Sebastian?" He gestures towards us,

    "I'll take a Coke." I say, glancing at Aria,

    "I'll have one as well." She says sweetly. Her voice is music to my ears. I smile slightly, turning towards the waitress,