09 - Strange feelings

Sebastian Peters:

   "Ninety-nine bottles of beer on the wall, ninety-nine bottles of beer! Take one down, pass it around, ninety-eight bottles of beer on the wall!" A group of drunk people shout.

   The three boys and four girls sit on two logs, swaying their drinks in the air. I laugh at their ridiculous expressions, taking a sip from my cup. The warm alcohol slides down my throat. The slight burn and sensation has already gone away after my third cup.

   I watch Maya and Shane continue to tease each other and play fight. I stand from the small chair I was sitting in and glance around the clearing.

   The entire grade must have come, and it seems as if everyone is having a good time. At one point, so was I. Then Aria left with Lucas..

   I roll my shoulders, stretching my upper back and neck. "Where are you off to?" Maya questions, a silly smirk on her face.

   "None of your business." I mutter. She rolls her eyes, and continues to talk with Shane. I stumble over to the campfire, taking a seat awfully close to the burning flame.

   The alcohol is starting to kick in, I feel it building in my insides. I swallow hardly and sigh at the flames in front of me.

   I feel the log slightly shift as someone takes a seat beside me. "What's the matter? Not having a good time?" A sweet voice chuckles.

   I snap my head at the beautiful girl sitting beside me. Aria.

   The fire illuminates her facial features. Her makeup is light, barely noticeable. Her light brown hair falls perfectly in the two braids they're in.

   I find my eyes lost in the blue orbs that sit just above her nose.

   "Actually, I was having a marvellous time!" I exaggerate.

   She rolls her eyes. "Come on, you didn't enjoy anything at all?" She nudges my shoulder.

   "This drink is pretty..good?" I raise my cup. "And..I guess the soccer was fun." I say messily, taking another sip of my drink.

   She snatches the drink from my hand. "That's enough, Seb." She pours the alcohol onto the sandy floor.

   My eyes widen. "Don't call me that. You're not my mother, I can drink as much as I want." I pout, rolling my eyes.

"Seb, how much have you had to drink?" She raises an eyebrow,

"I said don't call me that." I huff,

   "I'll call you whatever I want." She says sternly.

   I can't help the smirk that appears on my face. "I'd like to call you a lot of things, Aria." I place my large hand on her knee.

   Her blue eyes immediately light up. She chews her lip nervously, and I can't help but laugh. "Don't touch me!" She slaps my hand.

   I shake my hand. "Ouch!" I fake.

   She rubs her arms, focusing her attention on the fire. A slight pain of guilt hits me. I shouldn't have done that.

   "Are you cold..?" I ask. She immediately shakes her head. I can tell she is deep in thought.

   "Let's go for a walk." I smile. She snaps her head at me. "I don't know Seb.. Lucas and Maya are waiting. I promised we'd play a game, or something..." She says awkwardly.

   I clench my jaw slightly. She's right. Aria needs to be with Lucas, not me.

   "Fine." I stand from my seating position. All of the alcohol in my system hits me like a bullet. I steady myself before I can continue walking.