12 - Birthday boy?

Aria Watson:

He wraps an arm around my shoulder. "And so, the sum is forty-two." I explain to Lucas, my textbook opened on our laps.

He leans further into the couch. "Oh!"
He exclaims. "What would I do without you?" He smiles widely.

"Oh, Lucas. You couldn't possibly live," I laugh to myself. I shift over on the couch, adjusting my sock bun. Every Tuesday, Lucas and I try to meet up and have a study session. I mainly tutor him, but it's fun nonetheless.

He slides the textbook onto the coffee table in the centre of his living room. His hand makes its way to my mid-thigh.

I raise an eyebrow. "Aren't we supposed to be studying?" I raise my voice an octave higher.

He gives my thigh a slight squeeze, pulling me closer to him with his other hand. "Studying can wait a few minutes, right?" He smirks, gripping my waist.

I nod eagerly. Studying can defiantly wait.

His hands cup my cheeks as he leans in further. He closes the gap between us by placing our lips on top of one another. He kisses me softly, taking in every motion our lips make. I will never get used to the sweet taste that enters my mouth every time we kiss.

His hands caress my back gently. I find my fingers tangling in his dirty blonde hair.

He holds my back, steadying me as the kiss deepens. I feel my entire body heat as he chews my bottom lip. His large hands run up my sides, then grip the bottom of my thighs. I laugh at the way he squeezes my butt before lifting me onto his lap.

I give him a small slap to the arm. He laughs through our rough kisses. Sebastian hates when I slap him on the arm. I love watching his nose scrunch up, or the small crease that forms in the middle of his eyebrows.

Why am I thinking about Sebastian?

I try to focus on Lucas and his incredible kissing skills. It's just me and him. Lucas and Aria.

His hands slide down my waist. I let out a soft sigh as his lips leave mine. They trace soft kisses down my jaw.

Does Sebastian ever kiss girls like this? I'm sure he has, yet does it feel as nice? Could I compare him to Lucas?

STOP IT, ARIA! I mentally scream at myself.

Reluctantly, I give Lucas a small shove. His lips leave my neck, a small frown plastered on his face. "What's the matter, Ari?"

"Since when do you call me Ari?" I blurt out. Fantastic.

"I have since we were small.." He sighs. "What's wrong? Did you not enjoy that?"

"No! No, I mean, I did enjoy that. I just..maybe we should study for now." I shine an apologetic smile.

He nods. "Okay, as long as my kissing skills haven't weakened," He chuckles. "Let's continue math then?" He suggests.

I nod, secretly thanking him. I take a deep breath in and begin flipping through the textbook.

-

"I'm coming over." I state through the phone.

Sebastian sighs heavily. "Fine. You're incredibly stubborn, you know?"

"I'm aware. But, now that we are friends it's important we hang out!" I chuckle.

"Yeah, yeah whatever. Bye!" He says with little enthusiasm.

"Bye!" He ends the call. I roll my eyes and slip my phone into my back pocket. Sebastian's house comes into my view. I smile at the quaint, grey bricked home.

    I take a few more strides before walking up the front porch. I stop at the sound of an angry voice. Before knocking, I place my ear to the door. I recognize Sebastian's voice. He's yelling loudly, clearly arguing with someone. His dad?

   "Just leave me alone! God I can't stand you!" He shouts. I jump at the horrid sound.

    "Fine! Leave! Just know I was only trying to help." His father shouts back.

    "Yeah, help yourself." He says sternly.

    "Go ahead and ruin your future, Sebastian. I am not sure what to do with you anymore." His dad sighs heavily.

    After a few crashes and loud sounds, the door swings open. I stumble back, practically falling down the porch steps. "What the hell? Are you spying on me?!" He asks angrily.

    Anyone would be petrified of his figure. "No! I came to.." I loose my train of thought. My bright blue eyes gaze into his hazel ones.

    "Go away." He says quietly.

   "No, what's going on?"

   "Aria, leave. Now." He repeats.

   "Seb, talk to me."

   He pushes my torso, causing me to stumble down the porch. He races to his car, his body heated with anger. I've never seen him so infuriated.

   I race to the car sliding into the passenger seat. Before he can start the engine, his head snaps to the right. "I told you to leave!" He screams.

His loud voice startles me. I look at him with wide eyes. "You do not scare me. You are simply being an asshole." I state proudly, crossing my arms over my chest.

He hits the steering wheel hard with his palm. "God damnit what is your problem!?"

"Stop!" I shout reaching for his hand. I grip it tightly, pulling it from the steering wheel.

His eyes travel to our linked fingers. His expression suddenly softens, as if all of his anger has turned into sadness. He carefully takes his hand out of mine, gripping the steering wheel once again.

He starts the engine and begins backing out of the driveway.

My heart beats fast. How can his emotions change that quickly? A second ago, he was ready to throw me out of his car. Now, he almost seems calm and collected. I shake my head, leaning it on the window.

"Sebastian, where are we going?" I ask, curiosity getting the better of me.

"Away."

I fixate my eyes on his figure. "Seb, what's going on? Seriously, what happened?" I sigh hopelessly.

"Mister fucking Peters expects me to be the perfect son. He wants me to start looking at universities, to raise my grades, to get back into sports, to forget that my mother is gone! I can't forget Aria! Today is my birthday. Another birthday without her. Another birthday, another year older. I'm seventeen and I have no future. I'm hopeless, Aria." He hits the steering wheel once again.

* * * * * * *

Cliffhanger? Well..sorta. What did you think of this chapter?? Sorry if it was short :(

Hope you enjoyed anyway! ;)
Xoxo