10 - Monday funday

Aria Watson:

   I kick both of my feet up onto the coffee table. Normally, I dread Monday's. However, today school was cancelled considering it's the long weekend. Yes, today is Victoria's Day.

   A Canadian holiday celebrated in honour of Queen Victoria. In my personal opinion, it is an excuse for students, teachers and adults to not have to work. Fireworks go on all night, and many people are stuck with hang overs the next day.

   Of course, Maya, Lucas and Shane took this holiday very seriously. In a few hours I'm stuck going to our nearby park to watch fireworks and eat chips on a large blanket.

It's not all that bad. However, it gets boring and repetitive after a while.

I sigh and scroll through Twitter. "Ari!" I here Lana whine.

I roll my eyes at the sound of her voice. "What?!" I yell,

"Drive me to Laura's!" She demands.

"No!" I yell back. There is no way anyone is getting me off of this couch. I cross my arms over my chest and wait for a response.

   She stomps into the family room and stops at the sight of me. She leans on one hip and gives me a glare. The I'm-your-eleven-year-old-boss-look. She shakes her brown hair, crossing her small arms over her chest. Lana is tall and scrony for her age.

   "You're going out tonight, therefore I should be able to as well." She speaks in a mature voice.

   I cock an eyebrow. "You're eleven years old, if you want to go somewhere you should be able to use your legs and walk." I smile sarcastically.

   "You suck!" She whines. "Drive me, drive me, drive me!" She continuously slaps my arm. I can sense a bruise forming on my arm. I try shoving her away, yet she continues to whine and slap me. Giving in, I say,

   "Fine, fine! Just shut up!" I stand from the couch and shove her arms away.

   She smiles successfully. "Thanks, love yeah!" She blows me a kiss and skips to and the front door.

   I roll my eyes. She can be the biggest pain in the ass at times.

-

"Make sure to bring the Ruffles, and Coke. Also, bring your big, fluffy, blue blanket." Maya chuckles over the phone. I nod, tying my hair into a sloppy bun.

   "I'll be out for a bit, so I'll call you once I'm on my way to your house. Six sharp, right?" I smile although she can't see me.

   I can sense the large grin on her face. "Yup! Right on the dot."

   Maya has always been extremely punctual. She is always prepared with supplies, is always on time and somehow manages to schedule every minute of her life.

   "Got it! Talk to you in a bit, weirdo." I laugh.

   "Bye!!" She squeals, and ends the phone call. I shake my head from the loud noise that had just entered my eardrums and skip down the stairs. I enter the front foyer and take a minute to breathe.

   What fun will it be to go shopping by myself? The same amount of fun tonight will be, I think. Everything is the same, every year. I want a change.

   Suddenly something clicks to me. Sebastian.

   I slip on my shoes and smile widely to my myself. I adjust the jean shorts I am wearing and leave the house. Luckily, Sebastian's house is only a ten minute walk.