05 - There you are

Sebastian Peters:

"We're just doing a project." I snort. Dad runs a hand through his short grey hair. "Seb, I told you not to invite anyone over tonight." His blue eyes form two slits.

"Do you want me to fail?" I hiss. He buttons his suit jacket carefully, taking in my words. "No, Sebastian. Stop with that tone."

"Why don't you stop being an ass." I grunt. He hits the counter hard with his fist. "God damnit Sebastian, that is quite enough!" His voice is loud and stern.

"I know things are hard, but I was expecting you to watch Sara. Now I hear you're inviting girls over?" He paces back and forth in the kitchen. I don't say a word. Does he not believe that it is just for a project? Does he really think I am that low?

"Keep the house clean, watch your sister, finish your project and have that girl leave before I come home, or else." He says sternly.

"What, you're going to beat me now? Go ahead, it can't be as bad as loosing mom. I don't know how she put up with you!" I say loudly. I am beyond angry. This is the third fight today, and I've had enough.

His jaw clenches tightly. I can see how hard he tries to fight the tears. His large figure over towers me. I swallow hardly.

I should have kept my mouth shut, I think.

"Don't..don't talk to me Sebastian. Do what I told you." His voice is practically a whisper now. He heads for the front door and leaves with in a matter of seconds. I can feel my heart sinking into my stomach. My dad is right. I'm a fuck up.

I sit at the island with my head on the counter. I wrap my arms under my head to act as a pillow. How could I say that to him? He was just as hurt as Sara and I.

"Sebby?" Sara peers her small head through doorway the kitchen. I look up and force a smile. I take a moment before responding. "Yes munchkin?"

"Why are you sad?" She pouts. Her little feet make there way over to the island. "I heard you and daddy fighting.." She says quietly.

   My jaw clenches tightly. I run my hand through my brown hair.

"I'm sorry, I know you don't like it." I place my head down again. Suddenly, her small body wraps around me to pull me into a hug. I stand from my seat and hold her closely. I bend down on my knees to smile at her.

"Who's the girl?" She wears a goofy smile. My smile immediately fades. Aria.

"Not important." I say quickly. She crosses her arms over her chest. "Is she nice?" Sara's big brown eyes sparkle.

"No, not really." I laugh to myself. Her lips form a frown. The light brown freckles that trace her face expand. The sound of the doorbell startles us both.

"Is that the not-so-nice girl?" She asks in a cheery voice. I stand from my kneeling position and shrug. "Let's go check." I grab Sara's small hand and pull her to the front door.

   I pull at the doorknob, revealing Aria. Her hair is up in a messy bun and a goofy smile plasters on her face. As usual, she is wearing a tight cropped top with her soccer jacket on top.