04 - Hopeless

Aria Watson:

I slip on a tight black shirt and adjust the two French braids I had just done in my hair. I stomp down the stairs, dreading first period. Sebastian decided to skip school yesterday and hasn't called or texted me since I gave him my number.

The project is due by Monday, and it is already Thursday. My head spins as I search for the keys to my car. "Aria, are you awake?" My dad calls.

I roll my eyes. "Yes, dad. I've been awake for two hours but you never seem to pay attention."

Dad peers out of the kitchen with a goofy smile on his face. He adjusts his tie and looks up again. "Are you taking the car?" He asks.

I nod. "Might as well put my license to use." I smile slightly. He forces a smile and rests a hand on my shoulder. "Be careful, and don't forget to put the chicken in the oven when you get home."

I chuckle and nod. "I won't let it burn like last time."

He laughs and walks back into the kitchen. I glance around the room before spotting the bright blue keys on a small dresser, in the foyer.

I quickly grab them and slip on my runners. It isn't long before I'm driving to school. Mornings were my favourite part of the day. I loved watching the sunrise and enjoying a plate of homemade pancakes, while watching my favourite cartoon.

It was mom and I's favourite thing to do. Now everything seems so rushed. I don't have a moment to relax, unless I am with Lucas or Maya. They always make things easier.

I pull into the parking lot and race to a spot before the woman behind me can. I shut the car door behind me and begin walking to the school.

The smell of coffee and fresh paper fills my nostrils as I enter through the doors. It was an awful smell, but I've learned to love it.

Most people believe school is a jail, a horrible place. To me, school was wonderful. A place where you can learn new things, even if they're irrelevant. To top it off, at the end of almost every school day I am able to spend hours on the field.

I smile at a few people while making my way to my locker. However, I am extremely infuriated with Sebastian. Who does he think he is?

I enter my combination and open my locker slowly. I glance back and forth hoping to see him. Of course, he is no where in sight.

I sigh and reach for my science books. I obviously need to look into getting a new partner.

Suddenly two hands cover my eyes. "Guess who?!" Someone says in a high-pitched voice. I laugh. "God? Is that you?"

Lucas laughs and spins me around into a hug. "Good morning to my favourite person in the world."

"Good morning Prince Charming, what do you have in store for me today?" I tease and release from his embrace.

"Well..I have some of this.." He gives me a quick peck on the cheek. His plump lips leave small kisses all over my face. I giggle and mess up his dirty blonde hair with my hand. "And this.."

His lips move to my mouth. My hands move to his chest. I give him a little push away. "Want to know what I have?" I smirk.