15 - Overwhelming feelings

Aria Watson:

   "Aria! Aria! Open the door!"A manly voice yells. I listen carefully to the sound of a fist making contact with my bedroom door.

    The sound fills my room, instantly waking me up. My eyelids flutter open, the day light burning the blue orbs that sit just above my nose. The sun from my window hits my face, instantly warming my body. I roll my neck and stretch my arms.

   I sit up, leaning my head on the backboard of my bed. I glance around the room. Sebastian was nowhere to be seen. That boy moves quickly.

   I laugh quietly to myself when my eyes fall on his black beanie. The window is slightly open, his hat hanging off of the handle.

   "Aria Watson, get out of bed!" My dad is now shouting. My eyes widen at his loud voice. I jump out of bed, adjusting my shorts.

   "I'm getting dressed now! Sorry!" I yell back, clearing my throat mid-sentence.

    I hurry to my bedroom door, unlocking it so that my dad can hear me. The door swings open revealing Lana. She leans on one hip, her long brown hair falling on her right shoulder. She is fully clothed, pink and all.

    "Where's dad?" I raise an eyebrow. That loud voice was obviously not Lana's.

   "Downstairs, he's annoyed with you." She sticks out her tongue. "You have half an hour, hurry it up." She turns on her heel, flipping her hair behind her.

   "Pain in the ass. Annoying little-" I continue to mumble. I slam my white door, rushing to my closet.

   After spending ten minutes searching for an outfit, I finally decide to wear a simple t-shirt and floral shorts; similar to the outfit I wore the night of the bonfire. However today my hair was let loose.

    I brush out the main that sits on top of my head and wrap an elastic around my wrist. Somehow hair elastics always come in handy.

    I slap on a few coats of mascara and rush down the stairs. I fumble on the last few steps, gripping the railing in hopes that I don't fall.

I rush to the door, tying my white shirt and shoving my feet into my Nike roches at the same time. "Ready!" I yell.

"Finally!" My dad huffs, shrugging on his suit jacket.

I smile slightly at him. "It feels like I haven't seen you in weeks.."

His smile wavers. He pats his black dress pants, and scratches his newly shaved beard. "I'm really sorry, Hun. The office has been crazy lately! Sales have been off the roof, after all it is the time of year."

"It's ok." I shake my head, waving to Lana who stands at the end of the hall. "Come on!" I call for her.

"Tell you what, tomorrow lets all go out for dinner, eh? You can invite Maya, or Lucas." He smiles.

Lana nods eagerly. "Thank the heavens! I am sick and tired of Ari's disgusting homemade dinners! News flash, mac and cheese is not nutritious or delicious."

I laugh loudly at her comment. "Sounds great!" I smile,

"But I'd like to invite someone else," I add. Am I crazy for wanting Sebastian to meet my father and sister? Okay, maybe a little.

My dad raises an eyebrow. "Well, alright. Let's discuss the details tomorrow. Have fun at school," He kisses both of us on the forehead and waves us off.

"Bye!" We both reply, leaving the house. I close the door on our way out and begin towards the sidewalk.

"Let's walk today?" I smile.