08 - Bonfires

Aria Watson:

"Don't you just love spring?" Maya coos. I laugh and continue writing down an equation.

Lucas' head falls on my lap, causing my textbook to fly into the ground. I giggle and slap his toned cheek. He smiles foolishly.

"Can you believe the bonfire is tonight? It seems as if we were there just yesterday." Maya doodles on her right hand.

Every year Valley Brook High throws a bonfire for each grade, in the forest behind our school. There is a clearing where the teachers set a large fire and place tons of logs and lawn chairs across the area.

The teachers welcome everyone, then leave us. Some choose to leave around midnight, yet others stay until morning.

Shane, Maya, Lucas and I have always set up a large tent and stayed over night. It is something we all look forward to.

Shane pokes Maya's shoulder. "You're always so enthusiastic." He rolls his eyes.

"You're always so..annoying!" She mimics his voice. Shane huffs, yet continues to smirk at the perky blonde in front of him. Lucas chuckles, while I continue my work.

I glance over at my phone. Sebastian and I were texting for a little while after the party last night. He promised to send me a text, assuring whether or not he'll be at the campfire.

I just hope things will stay like this. I enjoy his company so much more when he acts as a friend.

Lucas nudges me. "Earth to Aria!" He furrows his eyebrows. I shake my head and shine an apologetic smile.

"Sorry.."

"What's wrong?" He raises his head from my lap, causing the entire bed to shift.

"Nothing, I just don't know what I'm going to wear." I lie. I know exactly what I am going to wear, Maya and I picked out an outfit this morning.

Maya raises an eyebrow. "Why don't you guys go get some food. Aria and I will search through her closet." Maya smiles.

Lucas hops off my bed, while Shane stands from the floor. "Be back in a bit." Lucas leaves a small peck on my lips and leaves the room.

Shane gives Maya a little kick, his chestnut eyes glowing. Shane had a similar appearance to Sebastian. He was broad and very tall with messy brown hair. However, he wasn't quite as tall as Seb, his skin tone was lighter, and he wasn't as attractive.

Not that Sebastian is attractive..

Maya immediately snaps her head at me. She stands from the floor and flops beside me. "Let me guess, your hotty lab partner is going to the bonfire?" She laughs loudly.

I slap her arm. "Would you stop! He's not hot." I roll my eyes.

I was being honest. Sebastian was anything but hot. He was amazingly good-looking, gorgeous even. I mentally slap myself. Stop it Aria! I think.

"Oh come on, you know he is good looking! You and I both know you two were talking last night." She smirks widely.

"What about you and Shane?" I smirk. She flushes and picks at her nails.