Growl all you want~ i will get you

We entered the arena. Brenda looked worried and i told her that i would keep us safe and unmarked. We ran and ran, running along the riverbed. I plan on hiding Brenda, no possessive male will ever get her without me fighting to death about it.

When we got to my hiding spot, i helpd her get her tan furry but into the unnoticable hole surronded by thick underbrush. "Hey, this is only room for one..." she whispered, then she looked up at me. Her guilty eyes pierced me. I knew she wanted me to hide, but i just can't fit, for one, and i don't want her going off by herself.

She got her ass out of there anyway. "No, you hide." she ordered me, glancing at the hole that she could barely see. "You have a distinct color, i don't. The males won't look for me as much as they'll look for you."

"You deserve this hole more than me."

"No, don't talk like that, Sophia. You found it in the first place."

"I insist on you fitting your furry ass back in the hole."

"Ha, catch me if you can!" she exclaimed and took off with alarming speed.

I knew i'd never catch her, so i crawled in the hole and growled to myself to run away next time if i get away from the males.

I waited for what seemed like a long time until i heard sniffing, and i saw a shadow move in the bushes. Male. Of course he's sniffing me out.

But he's getting dangerously close. He'll surely spot me or maybe even step on me. I started to panic, and when he stepped a paw closer to me, I jumped at him and ran away, bolting as fast as my legs could carry me.

He was a big, strong male. He had black fur, opposite of mine. He was gaining on me, and i pushed every ounce of speed my legs have, hoping that i would get some space between us. But no luck, he just got faster and faster.

I wonder if Brenda was marked.

BRENDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My mind screamed with force and by some miracle, my legs went even faster than i ever went before. I had to find her, and hope that it wasn't too late.

The footsteps faded behind me, and even though i was out of the clear, i pushed myself faster to follow her scent. I smelled her, and i was getting closer and closer.

I ran into a clearing that made my eyes blink a few times, because it was bright. Brenda was backing up against a tree, a gray wolf cornering her.

Phew, just in time.

I ran and bolted into him. He howled with pain and winced. He got a look at me and snorted. He growled at me, trying to make me back away so that he can have her to himself.

What kind of dumbass is he?

I growled lower than him, and Brenda looked worried and just stared at me like i was in danger. I know she wanted me to be careful with this wolf, but seriously, i can take care of myself.

The male i was growled at stopped growling and sat down. I looked at him, puzzled. He just looked past me and yawned.

I heard growling behind me and whirled around to see the giant black male from before! He smiled a wolfish grin at me, and lunged.

I ran away just in time, leaving Brenda alone with the male. I hope she would forgive me. I glanced at her, and she nodded, wanting me to save myself even though she knew she would be a goner. A tear cascaded down my cheek. I wished that i could help her more. I just failed part of my promise, hopefully i could remain free.

The male was gaining speed on me, and i sprinted faster. I do not want to be tied down with him. I started to pant, my legs burning and feeling tired. But i would not give up yet. I will never get up without a fight.

I heard a river nearby. Maybe it's a chance to escape! I ran toward it, and he ran faster, seeing my plan as if it was slammed in front of his face. Like it was saying "I'm the best plan ever! And no low life male is gonna stop me!"

I love when plans do that.

I ran to the river and immediately jumped into the cool, inviting water. As i got up for air, i saw that male jump into here! I gasped. I instantly let the current take me away from him. Far away from him as possible.

After a while, i jumped out of the river and shook the water off me. "You served me well, river." i said to the river and tipped my head slightly at it.

A frog croaked in response.

I stifled a laugh and trotted away, sighing and knowing i was going to make it to the timer.

Then i heard pounding feet behind me.

I turned and saw the black male! AGAIN!? I thought.

He smirked at me and charged.

I jumped out of the way and started running, kicking my gears in. But for some reason they were frozen and cold, and didn't move as fast.

"Damn you river! I take it back!" I yelled at the river as i tried to shake the ice off my legs and run at the same time.

The frog stopped croaking.

Soon my legs were stiff, and i couldn't run any more. I turned to face him, and growled, pulling my ears back.

"Growl all you want, i will get you." the male said. His voice was beautiful, and his milk chocolate brown eyes melted me.

No. I will not fall into him. I will not be his mate.

I growled even more, and he started to growl back at me. Then he ran toward me.

My life flashed before my eyes, and memories filled me. My parents, my family, my lil' sis. What happened to them! The sad, shaking memories were too much to handle.

"NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!" I screamed. "NO!!!!!!!!!!!"

And then the memories trapped me in hell.