Chapter 1

My heart races in my chest violently while the sound of rhythmic footsteps gets nearer, causing my body to freeze. I find my breathing coming to a swift stop.

It's dangerously quiet, the slightest of movement on my part will expose my hiding location.

The footsteps halt right near my location under the couch, and my mate's radiance causes my body to heat like a furnace. My senses are heightened at his presence, making my wolf dance around in a frenzy, wishing to escape.

His breathing is heavy from the chase, he's tired and I can sense his defeat, his frustration.

After he searches and fails to find what- or should I say who, he's looking for, a heavy sigh escapes his lips and he retreats silently, shutting the door behind him.

I lay under the sofa for several more minutes, until I know it's safe to come out from hiding.

I slide out from under the furniture and stand, then proceed to brush the dust attracted from the ground away from my clothing.

Amira, please, go to him . my wolf  Amina begs.

I don't respond to her plea but rather make my way home where I find my sister Salina already laying silently. Soon after, I too fall asleep after completing my nightly routine, it has been a long day and a good night's rest is more than needed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm up before sunrise,  prepared to begin my day's labor. My younger sister, Salina, is still buried in her dreams and I thoughtfully allow her to sleep a while longer.

Usual duties of pack omegas involve doing house chores and serving members of higher rank. My rank as omega makes me subject to ridicule by higher rank members of the pack, but my rank isn't the sole reason for the hatred I and other omegas are victim to.

I and other omegas of the Daniels pack originated from Morocco. There was a war amongst members of our original pack. Throughout the years of the quarrel, the conflict became too much to bare. Many lives were lost, and many people were injured. A result of the conflict was the fleeing of about 100 members of our pack. For months, we traveled hoping to find a pack that was willing to accept new members or accommodate us during our search for a new home.

Many packs were unwilling to accept us and a few even accused us of being spies and roughly escorted us out of their territory.

After two Months, our search lead us to North America where we were ambushed. More than half of what was left of our pack was killed by devious rogues. My parents, relatives and close friends of ours lost their lives that day. Only the children and a few adults survived.

The event occurred right near the border of Alpha Daniels' territory. After the attack, Alpha Daniel and other pack warriors had appeared, shocked of the occurrence. Alpha Daniels is a kind man, and thoughtfully welcomed us into his pack as new members.

While Alpha Daniels had received us so generously, other members of the pack weren't as compassionate and greeting. We were viewed as a threat to other members of the pack. Members were afraid of losing their positions and also disliked the thought of having to make moderations in their homes in order to accommodate 30 new members.

In order to appease all pack members, Alpha Daniels came to the conclusion that the only way to have  us join his pack without opposition from his original pack members, was to make the incoming members omegas. We would still have a pack to join and no longer hold the title of rogues, while other pack members could feel unthreatened and keep their rankings.