Chapter 1: Alchemy and Magic

Life is like a magic trick, once you know the trick it's takes the thrill out of it.

It's late night in the evening at the gymnasium in our school, where I was doing a lame magic show, which everyone seems to enjoy. 10 minutes of magic show now I'm down of my last shot, A disappearing act. Claire my assistant opened a colorful box enough for me to fit.

"I want you all to count one to ten once I enter the box, and you Claire I want you to burn the box after that." I instructed my fellow schoolmate as I enter the box.

As I heard the crowd started to count I slipped into a tiny secret compartment in the stage below the box I am in. I carefully slid myself and when I successfully got out I went to the backstage, carefully slipping past the amused audience as I had a glimpse of the box bursting into flame. As the crowd started to roared loader and loader I made my way at the back of the audience and shouted getting all their attentions. After that the roar got loader and then confetti started to fall down as a sign of the ending of the show.

"That was sick man!" I heard one of the crowd shouted as I walk in the isle going back to the stage before giving a bow then closing the curtain.

"That was great." Claire said, wearing a red shimmering one piece dress with with her long auburn hair on the side. She was really beautiful with that almond shape shaped, grayish chestnut colored eyes of hers and that red lucent lips. She's even beautiful even if it's only her silhouette that I could see from the back stage. I would take her to a date if I could but who would date a lousy guy like me. I mean all I do is execute this lame magic to entertain people, when I can't even find something to entertain myself. Plus what she see every time she looks at me is a partner.

"Hey are you okay?" Claire asked as I kept my mouth shut looking at me.

"Yeah I'm fine. I was just startled by the moment." I answer as I snap out of my thoughts of her.

"You know what sometimes I wonder how you do your tricks." She said as we headed out the back stage.

"Didn't I told you already. I just slip out of somewhere making an illusion that I teleport." I replied accidentally looking at her mesmerizing eyes and staring at it longer than I should.

"No I mean you turning a stick to a rose, burning a dove that miraculously turns to a parrot, and those flying card tricks of yours." She said as she looks at me in the eyes, which right now we're looking at each other. Oh mother of love, I'm so lucky looking at her right now.

"The magician never reveals his tricks." I answered trying to be cool.

"That's not fair!" She cried clinging to me and begging for me to reveal the trick. Which I personally like, it felt like my heart was gonna burst. I tried to hide my face by looking away from her. Making sure if ever I am blushing right now which I totally think I am, she wouldn't see it and end up embarrassing myself.

"Come on Faust please, at least tell me. I promise I won't tell." She insisted as she went in front of me blocking every possible way I could go.

"Okay okay the trick is, first is you need a distraction." I said then placed my fingers behind her ears then continued. "Second is you pull out the trick from a blind spot." I then moved my hands and pulled out a blue rose from behind and slowly gave it to her. "Then you got a magic trick." I said really cool, hiding the fact that I could melt any moment by now.