Chapter 9: Tower Of Babel

Chapter 9: Tower of Babel

"Jin told me you've been sleeping." Zachariah greeted me as I opened my eyes. I looked around a realize it's already night

How long I've been out?" I asked.

"A day at most. Attack would be after three hours." He replied.

"Is everything ready?" I asked once more.

"Don't get so psyched up master. I don't want you dying." Jin spoke up from behind.

"I need to reclaim my spot as a god. I got a feeling this could get messy." I said then leave them behind as I descend into the darkness.

I took a deep breath and sat across a rock. Then Jin submerge from the bushes. "Don't worry I won't stop you to get the sacred art of the gods. I'll be here guarding you." He said so I took a deep breath and forced myself to enter a trance. At first it was nothing. Everything is just black. Then I begun to merge with the darkness and before I knew it grimoires appeared around me. The background shifter from forest, underwater, volcano, mountain top, clouds, until it stop at a space, outer space. Stars and planet floated around me just like the grimoires. The ancient runes appeared in the thin air. It was so much to take too much information. Then scenes from the past started playing from a film like strips engulfing me. The scenes were war of man, killing, murder, blood, slaughter, explosion, and nothing else but battle. Then everything stopped.

I took at deep breath and checked on my hands which are bleeding. What the hell is happening? I asked myself.

"The sacred art of the gods comes with a price my boy. Your not yet ready to understand them." A familiar voice spoken and submerged clearing everything away.

"Sol? Why are you here?" I asked surprised as he appeared in a cloth that is tied in his waist and covered his lower body and nothing else.

"I am the gods of the gods. I hold the sacred art of gods and I give them to the worthy."

"I need them now to save my brother get out of here!"

"With your level now you can't access the secret art. Your nothing but a half god. Your power is even scattered. Maybe if you gather yourself together then maybe you can but for now you must leave this place now."

"No!"

Before I got the chance to do anything. I was washed away back to my body. When I opened my eyes I immediately fell into the ground and coughed blood.

"So that would mean you failed." Jin said.

"How long was I out?" I asked as I got to my feet and wiped the blood.

"Three hours at most. Anyway the army is ready to infiltrate the city." He replied and when I looked up.

"Tell them that I will go activate the spell and that they should go on their places. Secure the tower once the spell activate. Waste no time." I said then went to the city. The city was nothing really special. Roads full of cars, lights everywhere, wires running along the streets, streets after streets, but what's special about this city is the technology harvested using magics. Like those flying board, street lights, etc. on the center of the city stood the tallest tower of all, the Tower of Babel. I walked to the streets of Babylon avoiding to get any attention, my clothes were a maroon shirt and black pants. Nothing suspicious about. I also tried to cover up my face using an illusion magic, concealing true identity and essence.

"Everyone's ready." I heard a voice from no where. I turned around and no one was there.

"Soundscape?" I mumbled asking myself if I really heard something or not.