Daddy .5

Jayde's POV:

He knows,

He's upset, and he is keeping his emotions to himself, something he has always done. That was one of the few traits that irritated me most about him.

For example when we were younger and his hampster died he wouldnt talk to me for a whole week becaue he was upset and didn't want mw to know. When we were in middle school and he had gotten into his first fight, he would only give me short and dry answers to anything I asked of him, even if they weren't even in regards to his feelings. When we were in high school and his great aunt died, every time I would ask if he was alright he would yell and get angry with me so fast for no reason.

Even though were still in a shaky spot with one another, knowing Harry, this would probably one of those times he shuts me out. As I follow him to the conference room where the meeting is bring held he avoids all eye contact with me and keeps a stern hard looks plastered on it the who way there, through the entire meeting and on the way back.

Even though I know the answer, I decide to swallow my pride and ask him for the second time today. "Harry what's wrong? You've been acting different since I left to go copy those papers?" he looks up at me for a split second then divetts his eyes back down to his computer screen.

"Nothing. Now leave me alone." Instaead I walk closer to his desk and sit on the edge of it, attempting to challange him. "Harry we've known one another far to long for you to be putting up this front. Now whats wrong?"

He slams a large hand down against the dark cheery woood desk and lets out a frustrated groan. "Dammit Jayde, I thought you would have learned by now to know when to keep your mouth shut and leave me alone. For fücks sake I don't want to talk to you nor be near you right now and you are purposely pushing me right."

"Still the same bitter bastard I see." he looks at me with wide killer eyes. If I hadn't known him for so long I'd probably be scared he'd attempt to hit me or soemthing right now but I know that laying a hand on a women is something he would never think of doing.

He begins his angry laughing and looks to me with an irritated smile. "Now Jayde, please answer me this if you can. Do you know your children's farher?"

"I have a few people in mind. Why is it any of your business though?" Because those are his kids, too; my subconcious annoyingly adds. "Because after we split I heard you were höeing around with all my bestmates.

"Excuse me, but who was the reason we broke up and exactly what for? I caught you and my supposed to be best friend having sex in my bed while I was out working my äss off all day long and to figure out that wasn't the first time. I was told about all the other times you were with my other "friends" both before and after we broke up so you cannot talk about sleeping around with eachother friends because atleast I waited to get out of a relationship."

"You fücking, ugh. I knew I never should have hired you. I knew I shouldnt have went the easy route, now look where that got me."

"Your such a dïck Harry, I swear you are."

"And we're back to fücking square one. Wow this is no surprise at all! Im just shocked we lasted a month without arguing." my fist curl up into balls at my side and I can feel my breathing getting heavier. My chest rises and falls so rapidly and its taking everything in me not to drop the bomb on him right now.

"Not surprised to see who started it either."

"I hope your not implying that I started this because if you are, you are sadly mistaken. It started because you don't know when to keep your mouth shut and refrain from dipping into people's business."

"When did taking the time to ask someone of they were alright getting into business? Im trying to be the good guy here and attempt to take your feelings into consideration but obviously that's not something your comfortable with, still."

The both of us let out frustarted groans and glare at one another. One of the main reason we broke up besides the fact that he cheated, is because communicating with one another was a struggle. We're both hard headed and have temper tantrums quite often.

Neither of us could put our pride and ego to the side to be the bigger person and try to work things out. That was a main issue of ours.

For the remainder of the day neither of us spoke another wprd to another. We kept to ourselves and once the day was over got up and with not even a glance.

I was just so ready to pick my children up, take a shower and get in my bed. Today was stressful enough and I had no intentions on makimg it any worse than what it already is. When I safely reach my car I dial up Nikki's number and wait for her to pick up.

"Hey how was work today?" I stay silent for a few short minutes and then reply with a sigh. "What happened?"

"The kids called at twelve as usual amd Harry answered. Few shorts hours later he asked who the twins dad was and I lied and said I don't know its out of a few people then he proceeded to go off and long story short we haven't talked since the middle of the day."

"Why lie though?"

"It defiantly wasn't the right time to tell him he has twins. But amyway im on my way now, what are the twins doing?"

"I just put then down for bed, they've already had a bath, ate and Aaliyah didnt get her snack per request."

"Thanks Niks, see you in thirty."

When I reach Nikki's house the twims are on the couch, sleeping with their coats and shoes on. "Thank you so much Nikki." After holding a short conversation with her, she helps me pack the kids to the car and I drive home.

I immediately bring the kids up to their rooms and put them to sleep. As I'm preparing to take a shower my phone begins to ring with a number that I don't recognize.

"Hello?" almost immediately the person replies and I feel a sense of anger wash over me. "Uh, hey are you busy?"

"No, what do you want Harry?"

"I wanted to apoligize for the way I acted and came at you earlier. It was very unprofessional, uncalled for and I am sorry."

Yes, I am glad he apoligize because its something very seldom he does, but I don't necessarily forgive him for what he said.

"I accept your apology, but jusy know; your still a dick." he softly chuckles on the other side of the line and I also do so too.

"Well Ill see you tomorrow at work then." I bid him farewell and hang the phone up.

×
I see Jayde Kavanaugh as Normani Hamilton but you can picture Jayde as whom ever you like.