Daddy .7

Jayde's Pov

       Today was my date with Harry and my nerves couldn't be any higher. Sweaty palms, running nerves and racing thoughts were among the few things I was battling with. I was steuggling to figure out what to wear when Aaliyah waltzed in eating an ice cream cone.

       "What are you doing mommy?" I dropped yet another dress on the growing pile of clothes and turned to my daughter. Trying to figure out what to wear on my- to go out with friends." she suspiciously eyes me for a short second then pushes past me. She walks back to me only for me to hold her ice cream cone then walks further into my closet searching through my dress selection.

       "Mommy?" Aaliyah yanks on a small black mini dress and looks at me. "Take this down." she proceeds to walk over to my jackets and yanks on a tan trench coat and tells me to take it down also. I reach for the dress and the coat and wait for her next action. Aaliyah walks to the other side of the closet and grabs a tan pair of tie-up heels and drops them at my feet.

       "Walk into the bathroom, put this on then come back out and show me." at first I thought nothing of the outfit but once I go into the bathroom and try it on Im genuinely surprised at her selection. "Look at my little fashionista." she flutters her eyes closed and flips her curly hair over her shoulder. "Well I try. Now for jewlery wear that sparkly diamond necklace with the matching bracelet and ring." she hands me the accessories and stands back to see her creation.

       "Call me the picasso of fashion." she shrugs and hops up on my bathroom counter. "What do you know about picasso?"

       "I know he was a good painter. In class, Ms.Hamilton was teaching us about him."

       "Hey, where's Pres?" It didn't dawn on me until now. I haven't seen him since I got in the shower which was a little over an hour ago. I hurry up out of my room in search for Preston, only to see him sprawled across the coach with chocoalte coverimh his mouth and a melted ice cream cone on his chest. Just as I go over to him and pick him up, the door bell rings. I lay him back on the coach and open the door that reveals Nikki and her two children, Arielle and Knight.

       "Girl you look hot!" She lays Arielle down on the opposite side of the coach from Preston and Knight runs somewhere down the hall with Aaliyah. "Thanks, your niece actually picked this entire outfit out." she raises an eyebrow and nods her head.

       "So as you know the kids bed time is nine but Pres is knocked out on the couch with melted ice cream on his chest. Liyah already had a bath and her snack. If you can either give Preston another bath or just wipe off the ice cream that'd be great. Um, you know if anything happens handle it then call me or mom."

       Nikki grabs me by my shoulders and looks into my eyes." Jay, chill the hell out. I've watched both of your children on many occasions so you don't have to worry. As for you, I need you to chill and relax everything will be fine. Now leave before your late." As I pass her she slaps my butt and winks over her shoulder. "Have fun babe!"

       I walk into the drive way and open the door to my car and get in. I press the start button and as I wait for it to warm up, my phone begins to buzz. I pull it out of my purse to see I have a text message from Harry.

       'Just making sure your still on for tonight😉 h.'

       'Omw now.'

       He sends a thumbs up as I pull out of my driveway and down the street. The drive to the restraunt is fairly quick but nerve wrecking on my end. The whole drive I thought about the shoulda, coulda, woulda's.

       As I pull into the restaurant parking lot I instantly spot Harry's massive black Range in valet. Rich bastard. I self park my Lexus a few rows away from the restaurant and get out. My nerves sky rocket even higher with every step I take towards the date.

       I open the door and Harry is stood up talking to the hostess. His head pivots around towards me and a smile spreads across his pale face. "Hello, Miss.Kavanaugh. You look beautiful tonight." I watch as his eyes scan from the top of my head to my toes and back to my face. "Cut the formality shït, its weird." he chuckles and looks down to the ground. "Damn ma, you look fücking sexy as hell tonight." we both, instantly break out into a fit of laughter and catch the attention of half the restaurant.

       "Please follow me this way to be seated." Harry gestures his arm out in front of him allowing me to walk before him. We are seated towards the back of the restaurant due to a full house and probably because they feel we might keep up noise. Harry pulls my chair out for me and pushes it in then rounds the table to be seated in his.

       "So how's life going for you?" he picks up his water and take a a sip keeping his eyes on me.

       "Stressful, with work and the kids-." it dawns on me that I haven't told him about the twins yet and I mentally slap myself for it; even though he already knows. He plays along with it. "Kids? What kids?" I shy my eyes away from his and look towards the floor.

       "I have twins, Preston and Aaliyah. They're everything to me." he raises an eyebrow and forces a smile. "So your going to tell me about them but not show me what they look like?" I hesitantly grab my phone from purse and click the lock button to turn on the screen.

       I place it down on the table and push it rowards Harry hoping he's not smart enough to see the connection.

       After a few seconds he slides the phone back my way and smiles. "They're beautiful kids; they look exactly like you." I proudly thank him and pocket my phone. The waitress soon returns and asks what we want to eat. Since I've never been here before I trust Harrys instict for once in a long time, and decide to choose the shrimp and garlic pasta.

       "This question has been burning in the back of my mind for five years and it came to the surface once more when you came in for the interview. Why'd you leave? All your family and friends, why?" my jaw clenches and I begin to force tears back.

       "Harry, this is neither the time nor the place to talk about what happened." he shifys his gaze up to the ceiling and to his drink. "It's going to come to light sooner or later so why not just get everything out right now?"

       "Because, Harry. I dont want to talk about it, I dont feel comfortable espically in the setting we're in to talk about it nor am I ready to talk about. Get off my back."

       "You've had five years! How much longer do you need?" my lips purse into a straight line and I now start regretting the invintation to this date. I knew I shouldn't have agreed, a little voice was telling me that it wasn't going to go right but as always I fell into Harry's trap.

       "We all have different paces of how we deal with things besides it's easy for you to get over this because nothing really happened to you." his eyes went wide and he flung his head back.

       "Are you kidding me? For three months, three months Jayde. Your family threated and harassed me and you say nothing happened to me." I smile to myself and try to hold in a frustrated laugh.

       "Compared to what you did to me, they didn't do it enough. Everything you put me through; the shame, embarrassment and humiliation you caused me, they should have gone longer."

       "Fück Jayde at the age of twenty-one and with two kids and your still this childish, wow." like they do in movies when they're mad, I stand up from the table, throw my napkin down and pace to the restroom. How dare he bring this up and try and get mad at me.

       Compared to what I went through, he endured nothing but a little punch and yell. To have him sit here and not feel the slightest bit bad feels like a slap in the face because at a point in time I loved that man with all of my heart, mind and soul and would have done anything for him. Now I can barely stand his presence. I wipe away the few tears that have fallen and recollect myself which takes a total of around ten or so minutes. When I go back out Harry is sat with a blank facial. I sit down in my chair about to eat when Harry stops.

       "I'm Daddy?"