Daddy 3.9

HEY GUYS! I MADE AN EXTRA LONG UPDATE FOR THE LACK OF UPDATING IVE BEEN DOING LATELY. MY LIFE HAS BEEN EXTREMELY HECTIC LATELY AND ITS ONLY GONNA GET BUSIER AS THESE NEXT FEW MONTHS GO ON SO PLEASE JUST BARE WITH ME. ILL TRY MY HARDEST TO UPDATE AS OFTEN AS I POSSIBLY CAN BUT IDK WHEN THAT'LL BE. ANYWAY IM THINKING ABOUT DOING Q & A'S ON EVERY CHAPTER SO IF THERES ANYTHING YOU WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT THE BOOKS, ME AND JUST ANYTHING IN GENERAL ASK AWAY RIGHT HERE! ANYWAY THAN YOU SO MUCH FOR THE CONSTANT SUPPORT AND I HOPE YOU ALL LOVE TIS DRAMA FILLED CHAPTER!

-Dani ❤️ 

Jayde

As we pull up to what's left of the place I've called home for the last three years, my body reacts and twitches with so many emotions coursing throughout me, but its as if my reactions and reflexes are numb. The burnt wood, metals, and materials that were used fir everyday living by so many residents sizzles and smokes filling the atmosphere with a smoky haze. Harry and I stand side my side, with his arm wrapped around my shoulders and my head nestled into the crook of his arm watching as the firefighters disperses whats left of the fire.

"What're you thinking?" His large hands rubs my arm for comfort and I burry my face into his side. "Everything and nothing all at the same time. Ive literally lost everything within the course of forty-eight hours. My job possibly, our children, my house, and everything ive ever owned; its all gone Harry. And I knee I should feel divested and falling to my knees like how they do in the movies but with everything going on it'd hard to feel anything right now." His movement halts and he steps a few feet away. "Your job, we already talked about it and that your position would be secure whether or not I was there." I sadly shake my head.

"I know we talked about it, but the board called me when we were about to leave my apartment and said they were putting me on administrative leave until further notice or until this whole scandal is cleared up, so I'm officially out of a job and practically have nothing left." I know many thought are running through his mind and I can almost pinpoint every last one of them just by looking at his face. Technically the board isn't able to make any final decisions unless Harry okays or denies them, and by them making the decision to put my on lease signals that they've already started the process of having Harry being removed from his position at his own company. "And you're just now telling me this?"

"I mean its important but telling you about what the board told me doesn't seem like the most pressing concern at the moment. I no longer have a home and the kids aren't even staying with us anymore, work is at the bottom of the totem pole as of now."

"But its still on it no matter what, I told you when I hired you that no matter what that job was going to stray yours until you decide to quit and I'm not letting that promise, even through this. If you don't want it, tell me and ill make sure to start the process myself, but if you want to stay ill definitely be making some phone calls first thing in the morning."I only nod In response, feeling too entirely drained to fight with him or anything for that matter of fact.

Hours have gone by of us standing and waiting for the verdict. The fire was put out some time ago and the detective went in to what was left of the building to see what had started the fire. Many other residents stood side by side just as harry and I did, marveling over what their next move was and how to overcome this harsh obstacle.

I look to my phone and the time reads twelve forty-three A.M. As I scroll through the notifications on my phone I see many from family and friends I haven't talked to in years seeing if the kids and I are okay. I only respond back the the important ones, lock my phone and pocket it into my purse. "We should get going. It's late and I heard from one of the firemen that it's gonna take a while for them to figure our how it started. And the landlord said he'll be sending out an automated message in the morning." I nod and follow Harry back to his car.