Daddy 4.8

this chapter is unnecessarily gory and dark for no reason, idk whats wrong with me and why I turned it into this but this is just a pre-warning.

"Im sorry." He screams out as the lights in the elevator cut out. A loud snapping noise is heard just above the cart and we begin to fall downward, fast."

I watch in absolute horror as Jaydes knees fail and buckle beneath her being in a fit of screaming terror. Her once vibrant brown face is replaced by a pale almost green color and her eyes seem to disconnect from her thoughts and seem al out empty. One of her hands clutch around her stomach to protect the growing fetus inside while the other tightly grips the railing circling the perimeter of the elevator. The scene reminds me of something from a twisted horror movie, everything moving in slow motion; all noises distorted from their orgins and deep muffled screams are the only thing my mind is able to comprehend.

My eyes shift over to the bellhop cowering in the corner behind our bags with tears streaming down his paling face as he repeatedly shouts that he's sorry and he doesn't want to die, he's sorry and he doesn't want to die. I instantly see red as he clouds my every thought, he brought us into this falling death trap with a clear motive, but in the same instance someone had to deliberately tell him to get us and bring us to this moment were in now. Someones been watching us this entire time...

As more what if situations implant themselves into my head the feeling of rage fills my entire being. Someone out there is making it their personal mission to sabotage me and whatever's connected to me, but this is crossing the line. They've taken it too far with this and I am done playing games. They've not only messed with me, they're taking shot at my company, my job and my family and I will not stand back and let this happen any longer. Threatening me with little petty mishaps here and there was one thing but sending us to our deaths with an innocent life is past the point of insane.

Screams fill my sense once more and my head snaps back and watches as Jayde pleads for the lord to spare her life. Her screams pierce deep inside my soul as each broken and petrified syllable falls past her quivering lips. My mind tells me to run by her side and protect snd comfort her to my best ability in hopes that this whole fiasco will be over soon with our lives graciously spared; while my nerves and the rage building up by each passing second scream to pummel and choke the cowardly bellhop who led us onto he fallen death trap purposefully. My body wins above all other urges and I find myself clicking all the buttons on the panel in dire hope that something will slow or decline or stop it fully. Smashing every button more than once, the emergency signal begins to beep but no other sounds come from it.

Outside the cart, the loud shrills of metal rubbing on metal picks up in pitch and causes my ears to painfully ring along with the other two who are pleading on the floor. Bright orange sparks breaks us all from our previous actions and we watch ad they grow in size as the minutes tick by. The scene is mesmerizing, its almost unbelievable; you would only see these thing is controlled environments and movies on a television. But this isn't some horror movie, this is reality, real life and we are plummeting to our deaths right before our eyes. That thought unnerves me more than this whole ordeal knowing that any second this cart is going to hit the bottom and were going to be crushed inside of it. Four innocent lives are going to be lost and dozens others for the sake of someone hurt feelings. I came into my children's lives only months ago, they haven't even known me a year yet.

Im not going to see them grow up and become bratty teenagers or responsible adults. I won't be able to teach them how to drive a car or intimidate Aaliyahs first boyfriend and have the birds and the bees talk with Preston. I won't be able to walk my little girl down the aisle or expire my sons phase of catching him with different girls inside the house. I wont see the birth of my child; I haven't been there for their lives and I wont be there for the rest of it either. This thought tears me to shreds and tear threaten to spill from my eyes the longer my mind stays on the the tainted thoughts. I look to Jayde who already has red and exhausted eyes on me, the small look we share says a thousand words. Her thoughts are similar to mine as she croaks 'my babies' unconsciously and over and over. Her empty look does something to me, it becomes too intense and almost terrifying the longer I keep my eyes glued to the hopeless eyes.