Daddy 1.9

Harry

Today has been a pretty chill day to say the least. The twins and I have been cooped up on the couch watching movie after movie while stuffing our faces with countless handfuls of junk food.

I haven't seen Jen since this morning when she stormed out the room upset that I was taking the kids to iHop. Ever since we found out about the twins she's been trying to become more controlling and almost pull me away from my children. I've let the thought pass multiple times but rethinking every instance I've tried to do something with the kids, or cancel something for the kids sake, in some ways she would always storm off or not even attempt to compromise and spend time with the kids and I.

The kids are deep into their movie Moana, so I leave the couch and head back to the kitchen. As if I'm cue, Jen emerges from the garage door that's connected to the kitchen with her arm full of bags. She takes a glance at me, rolls her eyes and walks past without uttering a single word.

"Excuse you. What's your issue?"

She places the bags on the kitchen table and turns in my direction. "Oh you finally decide to notice me. Wow hello Harry."

"Cut the shit act man." Jen squints her eyes at me and her nose scrunches up.

"You cut the shit man. You literally have not been paying attention to me at all lately. You've cancelled everything we've had planned for almost the last month straight, that isn't my Harry." I cannot help but to laugh at her self centered-ness.

"Did you not realize that I just found out that I not only have one but two kids that are six. Two kids that I missed out on six years of their lives, the most important years. I'm not about to apologize for trying to get to know my children and be in their lives. If that means less time with you, then that's just that and you're gonna have to accept it wether you like it or not." She begins to pout and cross her arms over her chest.

"Well I'm sorry that I wanted to spend time with my boyfriend before I leave for two months to a whole other country half way across the world."

"You could've spent time with me and the kids, but you're the one who got pissed and stormed out over some diet or whatever. Those kids come first for me know, we're not on our own and not a free man anymore. I have responsibilities now, so I can't do whatever I want when I want. I have two other people to think about before myself and my needs."

Jen places a hand over her face and takes a few deep breaths before dropping her hands to her sides and leaning her head back. "You know what you're right, I'm wrong and I'm sorry for trying to make his all about me. I just thought we could get some alone time before I leave but if that isn't possible then that's okay. We can go somewhere with the kids until I have to leave tonight. Can we do that?"

There's times where I can't stand this girl and other times where I cannot get enough of her. Right now, it's a mix of both damn scenarios. Jen slowly begins walking towards me and softly lays her head on my chest and wraps her thin arms around my frame. On instinct, I bend down, grip her thighs and wrap her legs around my waist. She looks down on me with a bright smile and her lips connect with me neck.

"Ah, the kids are literally fifteen feet away boo, I'll find some time later on tonight before you leave for one last round. Okay baby?" She hops down from my grip and looks up at me while biting her lip. "Okay, Daddy."

Fuck it.

I look to the living room to see the kids eating away at all their snacks and fruit and look up to the tv to see that Moana isn't even half way through yet.

"Go upstairs and meet me in that little set I like, I'll be up there in five." Before she runs away I smack her ass as she looks back at me with a wink.

___

The day flies by almost too quick with chilling at the house, hanging out with the kids and Jen and I having our private time away from the twins. Before I know it, all of us have loaded into the Range and we're headed to the airport.

It's passed the kids bedtime but I didn't want to let Jen go by herself so the kids are passed out in their car seats. The entire forty-five minute drive to airport Jenna and I are both silent but taking it the last few moment we have with one another for a while.

As we near the airport, traffic seems to back up and we wait in a long line of cars. "You okay baby?" She grabs my chin with her small hands and looks at me with a slight frown on her face.

I quietly nod and smile. "Yeah I'm good, just two months is a while without you know."

She looks back at the kids and back to me with a smile. "Well you have your kids to keep you company, so at least you won't be alone in that big ass house. Don't forget, you can visit whenever the distance gets to be too much baby. Okay?" Before I can even respond she plants a kiss upon my lips and sits back in her seat.

The traffic picks up and we finally make it to the departures. I pull over to the side and hop out the car to help her get her luggage out the trunk. Jenna sets them on the curb and turns back to me and throws her arms around my neck. Small sobs begin to leave her mouth and I pull her tighter.

"It'll be okay baby, it's only two months. You know the time will fly by, just make sure to keep yourself busy and do your best out there. I'm going to miss you so much but the feeling will be better when you're actually here and won't have to leave for a while, or at least stay in the country." Her head lifts from my chest and she nods as she wipes the tears that stain her cheeks.

"You're right, you're right." She wipes her face wit the back of her sleeve and adjust the beanie in her head. She looks up to me and her face falters almost instantly. Her eyes trail to the car where the kids are peacefully sleeping and then back to me and I get a hint of what she might be thinking about.

"We're going to be fine baby, no one can come between what we got okay. Not even their mom okay. What we had was in the past but it's just you and me now, and the kids. That's it, there's nothing to worry about baby." She nods and goes in for another hug. Before she pulls away I plant a kiss on her forehead and a long one on her lips before she moves away from my embrace and walks through the doors of the airport.

As I walk back to the car, my heart feels a little heavy and all I feel like doing is getting back home and going right back to sleep. Two months is the longest I've ever spent away from that girl throughout the entire time I've known her and been dating her. Just as I start the forty minute drive back home my phone lights up and begins sounding of. I groan to myself and press the answer button.

"Hello?" I look in the rear view mirror and the kids are still fast asleep in their seats.

"Hey Harry, I hate to have to call you so late and everything but the powers off at my apartment and won't be back on till at least tomorrow night. My sisters are all out of town at the moment and it's too cold to stay at the apartment. Do you have an extra room I can crash in for the night?"

X
Hey y'all I know it's been a while and I wouldn't doubt that many of you have forgotten what this book is about cause I did too.
But since I have a little free time on my hand now, I'm going to be trying to update more frequently and not only once a year.
- Dani