Daddy 4.1

Ughh it's been a rough few days and I've really been drawing a with this chapter. I know what I want the overall climax to be and I'm waiting to get there but it seems like the plot is dragging on because I'm sooo unmotivated rn :/

-Dani ❤️

Jayde

"We leave for our annual conference this Wednesday, I always bring my executive assistant when I go, so pack your bags. All expenses will be paid for its practically a free trip for you."

I look up from my previous spot, disbelief clearly written all over my face. "Excuse me?" He now rounds his desk and takes a seat in nis swivel chair. "This isn't about me or you or me trying to act funny or start something with you. We have this conference every year and I always bring my assistant, ask anyone around the office. Its a weekend trip, we leave Wednesday and we come back home on Sunday." I wipe the tears from my eyes and stand to my feet, wiping my clothes off and making my way over to my desk.

"Harry, I can't go." I weakly voice. HIs eyes remain fastened to the illuminated screen that sits on the desk before him. "Its not an option Jayde, you're the only one who's going to be familiar with what's being talked about. I need for you to take detailed and in depth notes about what's being said and formulate it into a presentation for to present to the board. Were also going down to talk to one of my good friends who's a lawyer to situate this whole scandal out as well."

"Harry, I understand but do you not see my life is crashing down around me at the moment? My house burnt down in a fire with all my belongings, my children are practically in hiding, I'm on the brink of losing my job and im living with my baby daddy and his fiancee who absolutely hates even the thought of me. I cant afford to go on a vacation in the middle of all this turmoil. It sounds nice to just forget about everything that's going on and disappear for a while but I have too many responsibilities to tend to before I even think of taking a break, Harry." He finally tears his eyes from the screen and folds his hands atop his desk while turning his attention towards my general direction.  "I have my realtor on it to find you and the kids relatively in the same area and close to my house, work and their daycare. A private detective is looking deeper into the case involving your house and attempting to get your assets and more back, and the kids are safe with both of our families; you know this. If I can deem it safe ill see if we can accidently run into them while out at the grocery store or something like that." He removes his navy blue suit coat and drapes it across the back of his chair.

"Everything happening to you is all the more reason to have some type of leasurement, your mind is going a mile a minute and you need something to slow it down. Besides its a work trip as well so you'll still be working for majority of the time, think of it as work away from work. Not just a vacation, okay?" The look on his face says that he's practically begging for me to come out there with him. I know that he's not just saying this to get me alone because I've been informed on more than multiple occasions that the executive assistant does indeed always goes on this specific trip with Harry, matter of fact everyone who attends this conference has their assistant or something like an assistant go with them, its just the way that this s set up. But with everything going on it'll seem like im cheating my life problems right now. While I'm in New York, doing God knows what, other people will be over here cleaning my mess up for me and I truly don't know how to feel about that. Anytime anything has ever  happened to me, I always felt it was my duty to clean up the mess by myself, even when others have offered help ive always declined because its my issue I have to go through, not theres. So this ordeal is out of the ordinary for me.

"Im not going to force you to go but I highly-"

"Please stop asking before I change my mind, but i'll go." A cheesy smile appears on his face but just as fast as it comes, it goes but is replaces by a giddy smirk.

"Thank you. We're taking my jet so there's so need to stress about a plane, and depending if theres anyone booked for my penthouse, we may just stay in and Airbnb. Or we could stay in a hotel if you would like."

"I want to have a different room than you so if you can get us suites or a muti-bedroom Airbnb that would be great." He paused for a second but nods after a few beats. "Yeah, yeah and I can definitely do that." He voices but hurt and disappointment is clearly evident in his broke voice.

Two days later and I find myself sat in the back of an SUV chauffeured by Harrys driver. Harry just mere inches away from me while practically cursing someone out on the phone. I still didn't want to go on this trip, I just have a feeling in my stomach that somethings not right and its not sitting well with me at all. That was why I declined it in the fire place. Of course part of it was because everything going on and I feel as if I shouldn't be running away from serious responsibilities. But on the other hand something within my spirit has been unsettling to me ever since Harry told me about the invite. I dont know whether it'll be good or bad but I know that it'll big and possibly life changing, whatever it is.

Forty-five minutes later we pull into a lot with multiple air hangers, each containing a small plane inside every one of them. The driver direct thecae to the third one to the left and park just a few feet away from the luxurious jet. "Damn Harry, when did you get a private jet?" He hangs up his millionth phone call and turns to me. "About a year and a half ago. Commercial flight were disgusting me and I couldn't deal with the constant cries of random children and the sickening coughs of infected strangers. First class held me over for a little while but even that was becoming beneath me. I had the money so I just bought this jet."

"Rich bastard." I mutter under my breath but Harry hears and smirk spreads across his pink lips. "Well being a rich bastard has its perks, you're benefitting format as well so to cant be that bad."

Harry exits the car with only a phone and laptop in hand and rounds the car to my door. He swiftly opens it and extends a hand to help me from the rather tall vehicle and leads me over to the red cr of the jet. "Good evening Miss. Kavanaugh, what drink can we start you off with?" the stewardess is dressed to a T like everyone back at the main office. Blonde hair pulled back into a brunette bun and a sleek and crisp uniform thats quite unflattering on his swim frame but she somehow pulls it off. She directs me to a table-seat by a window and hands me a menu. "Snacks and a light dinner will be served on tis flight due to how short its duration is. Ill be back in ten or so minutes to take down what you would like." I politely thank her with a smile and she heads off somewhere in the back of the plane.

Harry soon joins me aboard the aircraft and claimed the chair across from mine. "What do you think about it?" His eyes wander around the plane in pure amazement as he stare at his belongings. "Bougie as hell, but I can definitely get used to this."

Right after the word leaves my mouth I instantly regret them. From the corner of my eye I see a glimmer of hope within Harry and as each second ticks by of me terribly ignoring him, my love and adoration begins to grow so much more. The stewardess steps to the front of plane and begins to go over the safety precautions. The whole time I notice her eyes glued to Harry, only a few times she ever takes a glance at me. "Looks like you have an admirer." Harry rolls his eyes and cocks his head to the side.

"I'm already in deep shit with you and Jenna, I know I'm a fool but I'm not that big of a fool." The stewardess' face goes beat red and she quickly finishes her presentation. I quickly change the subject to something more relevant.

"So what's the schedule when we arrive to New York?"