Three

Emma's POV~

I sighed. I knew what was coming.

"What's up?" Joey asked.

"I don't know." I answered.

It was silent between us. Just as we pulled up at the office, he spoke up again, "You sure that you're okay?"

That was breaking point. "No," I sighed, "For some reason, I'm angry at Spencer. I shouldn't be, but I am."

"Just talk to me." He said softly.

"Growing up, I hardly ever saw my parents. I didn't really have many friends growing up. Spencer was the only person there for me. Our freshman year, he left for his career. High school, I was bullied, mainly for believing in God. Especially when my parents didn't believe." I explained. I just poured my heart out. He gently placed his hand on my wrist, his thumb gliding softly.

"It's okay." He comforted. "Now, I don't think that you want to be late for your day with Morgan."

"I lied. I just wanted some air, I needed a break." I muttered.

"It's okay. Let's hang out, just you and me." He suggested.

"Okay." I nodded.

"What do you wanna do?" He asks.

"You don't happen to have guitars inside, do you?" I ask hopefully.

"We do. Why?" He replied.

"Music just calms me. And I learned how to play a new song this morning. I was just thinking of a jam sesh." I shrugged.

"Sure. Sounds fun." He smiles. He turns off the car and exits. I followed him and entered the building.

As I sat down, Joey handed me a guitar. I held it correctly and started strumming. Eventually the notes played a song, Say Something.

Joey joined in, and started to sing. Then eventually, I sang along. Joey looked up at me and smiled. Once we finished, I gently let the guitar relax in my lap. "That was amazing." I whispered.

Joey laughs, "Yeah. I'm surprised you didn't start a music career, you're talented."

"Thanks, but I couldn't do the whole crowd thing." I shrugged.

"It's not for everyone, but being in music is fun." He smiled.

The day went on. It was just Joey and I. For some reason, I just had a connection with him. It was like we had known eachother our whole lives.

~*~*~

Morgan was basically clawing at my arm as we walked beside Joey. Joey just laughed and shook his head at M.

"M, calm down." I mumbled.

"I can't. Em, you know that this my favorite band." She groans. Joey smirked and wrapped his arms around her. It looked like M was going to faint or something.

When we walked into Caleb's house, Spencer was sitting on the couch, his eyes on me. Morgan's eyes continued to widen, she even smirked when she saw that Spencer was looking at me.

"Come sit down." Chad grinned, patting the couch in between him and Spencer.

I sighed before I sat down. Spencer smiled, "Hey Em."

"Emma." I corrected.

"I've always called you Em." He mutters.

"Emma is more professional. We're colluges, coworkers." I said.

"I call you Em!" Morgan yells while laughing. She kissed my cheek before sitting down.

"You guys aren't together, are you?" Spencer asks.

"Yes." Morgan nods with a straight face. Spencer was utterly confused, as were the others.

"Guys, she's kidding." I snicker. They all laugh and shake their heads, while Spencer stares at me.

"What? She can call you Em, but I can't?" Spencer asks.

"Morgan's my best friend. You're my boss and coworker." I sigh.

"We were best friends." He mumbles.

"We haven't spoken in 3 years. Last time we spoke was at prom. You didn't even say anything at Grad. I felt like I wasn't good enough for you anymore, like you forgot about me." I explain.

"I'm sorry, Em. I never meant for you to feel like that. I was just so busy." He whispers.

"To busy to spend time with family and friends?" I muttered, "Lord. I'm being so selfish right now. Spencer, you were my only friend. The only person who cared about me and treated me like a human being with feelings."

Spencer gently wiped away my tears. "I'm so sorry Em. I wish I could make it up to you. I really wish I could. I would've taken you with me if I could." He spoke softly.

"Stop calling me Em. It's Emma." I mutter angrily. I moved his hands away from me and wiped my own tears. I didn't need him, I didn't need anyone, just Morgan. I turned my attention back to Caleb as he began speaking.

"Y'all hungry? Kels is on her way home, picking something up." Caleb said.

Everyone argeed on pizza, but I wasn't in the mood. The night went on. Kelsey, Caleb's wife, came home. Then Fallon, Chad's wife, came and hung out with us, and Donald, Joey's brother, hung out with us.

I didn't talk to Spencer for the rest of the night. I just couldn't deal with it right now, but I needed to forgive him. In just a short month, I'd be seeing him everyday.

I shook my head, I didn't need to worry about the future. "Well, looks like we're the three musketeers." Joey jokes.

"What about your brother?" Spencer asks.

"Him and Morgan are getting real friendly." Joey smirked.

"How old is Morgan?" Spencer asked.

"I don't know. Ask Em." Joey suggests.

Spencer huffed in annoyance. Everyone called me Em, but I wouldn't let him. "Emma," Spencer started. He was careful to use my actual name. "How old is Morgan?"

"She's 24." I answered.

"Maybe forever." Joey laughed, wiggling his eyebrows. I just rolled my eyes. "Hey, Em, wanna play mario kart?"

"Sure." I nod. Joey got down on the floor and turned on the console. I sat down next to him and he handed me a controller. "You're going down." I challenged.

"Hpmf! You're on!" He riled. As played races, I realized that both of us are equally competitive.

Joey and I played multiple games. In the end, we tied eachother. I sighed as I stood up. Joey followed, copying my moves. I held out my hand, he took it and we shook hands. "Good game sir."

"Good game, my lady." He nodded, bowing. I laughed and gave him a hug.

"M, we gotta go. We have grad in the morning." I stated.

"I don't wanna go home." She whines. "I'm sure that I can get someone else to take me home."

"I'll do it." Donald offers.

"Oh! Thank you." Morgan smiled, kissing Donald's cheek. He blushed in return.

"Well, I gotta get my beauty sleep." I joked.

"Yeah. You need it." Morgan teased.

I rolled my eyes. "Aye, whatever amiga." I laugh.

I said my goodbyes before leaving. I drove home back to the campus. Honestly, I was excited but nervous about tomorrow.

Once I reached my room, I quickly changed and went to bed. My mind drifted, however. Mainly to Donald and Morgan. I decided that I'd talk to her tomorrow.