Twenty Six

Emma's POV~

Spencer and I laid on his bed, cuddled together. There was supposed to be a meeting today, but we thought it'd be funny to ignore them and see how long it would take.

"How long has it been?" I asked.

Spencer picked up his phone, unlocking it. He grinned, "Like two hours."

I groaned, "I wish they would hurry up, I'm hungry."

"So, let's go to lunch. Just us." He suggests.

"But I'm tired." I whined.

"So, we'll take a nap, then I'll take you out to lunch." He shrugged.

"No." I mumbled.

"Why?" He questioned.

"Because." I replied.

"Emma," he pouted, "Why not?"

"In the four and a half months we've been together, I've never bought anything for you. If we go, I'm paying." I explained.

"What? No. I'm the gentleman, I'm buying." He stated stubbornly.

"No, I am. I'm perfectly capable. Seriously, what have I bought you?" I asked.

"Nothing, but that doesn't matter." He sighed.

"Exactly. You bought Avery for me, you paid for all his things, you paid for our first date. I haven't paid for anything, and I'm perfectly capable." I argued.

"I'm still paying." He mumbled.

"No." I whined, "I wanna do it."

"Emma Lynn. Let me pay." He sighed.

"No." I muttered.

"Awh! Look at us, our first argument." He grinned.

"I'm paying, and that's that." I sighed.

"Babe, just go to sleep, and we'll figure this out later." He sighed.

"We already figured this out. I'm paying." I stated.

"Emma, babe, gorgeous, I love you, but you are not paying." He muttered.

"Half?" I agreed.

"No." He shook his head.

"Then I pay." I stated stubbornly.

"Fine. Half." He nodded. I grinned and leaned up to kiss his cheek.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"Yeah. Yeah. Just get some sleep, babygirl." He mumbled.

"Maybe. Can I get a kiss first?" I asked sweetly.

"Maybe." He smirked.

"Please." I begged.

He smiled before pressing his lips to mine. Every time we did share a kiss, it felt cliché. Like how everyone explains that they felt sparks or whatever, that's exactly what I felt.

I smiled as he pulled away. He laughed as he pressed another kiss to my lips.

"There. Is that better, sweetheart?" He asked.

"Much." I whispered, cuddling into him more.

"Glad I could make it better, gorgeous." He smiled.

~*~*~

Spencer and I sat at a small café. It was literally perfect.

"I wanna go to the beach." I whined.

"Have you ever been?" Spencer asked.

"Nope." I sighed, "Besides that festival in Florida, but that doesn't count."

"Man, I should've taken you to Hawaii. You would've loved it." He smiled.

I pursed my lips and crossed my arms over my chest. I huffed, "We weren't talking then. You were completely ignoring me."

He sighed and rubbed the back of his neck. "Heh. About that, babe, I'm sorry. You know that I never meant to hurt you."

I grinned, "I know that Loverboy. I've forgiven you."

"Loverboy?" He questioned.

"You need petnames too." I stated.

"Trust me, being called your boyfriend is enough." He smiled.

"You want me going around and just calling you my boyfriend? I don't think so good-looking." I mumbled stubbornly.

"Good-looking? I like that one too." He smirked.

"Of course you do." I rolled my eyes.

"Come on, babygirl. We both know that you fell for my good looks, but I mean, wow, no one can compare to you." He stated flirtatiously.

I scoffed and looked down, blushing. I shook my head, "Anyway, you guys could a use a vacation. Relaxing, taking a break for a week and Jewel's birthday is coming up."

"Where we talkin'?" He asked.

"I don't know. Definitely on a beach, I could look for some places. Have all ther guys, their wives, Jewel, plus Morgan and Donald." I shrugged.

"We'll talk to them, but what about costs?" He questioned.

"We could split 'em. I could find a decent beach house or condo at a decent price." I stated.

"I like it. Let's pay, and go talk to the guys." He suggested. He got up, gathering his things and walking towards the cashier. I sat there dumbfounded until it actually hit me of what he said.

"Woah. Wait!" I called out to him. He stopped and turned to face me. I got up and approached him. "You're serious?"

"Yeah. I would love to be on the beach with my girl." He grinned, slipping his arm around my waist.

He continued his way up to the cashier. Just before he could pay, I did, the whole bill. He gave me a look as I smiled at the worker.

"Come on. Let's go." I mumbled, taking Spencer's hand and dragging him.

He laughed, "Calm down, sweetheart."

~*~*~

As we walked into the studio, Caleb had a somewhat disappointed face. I wasn't really prepared with a good excuse as to why we weren't there. However, Spencer bursted out laughing.

"Where were you two?" Caleb asked, crossing his arms.

"Oh, look. The dad side of Caleb is coming out." Spencer joked. Chad and Joey snickered.

"Very funny." Caleb mumbled.

"It actually kinda is, bro." Joey laughed.

"Kind of." Caleb muttered angrily.

"I know my excuse isn't that good, but Spencer and I thought that it'd be funny to ignore you and see how long it'd take you to call us." I explain.

Caleb gave a dry, mocking laugh. "Yeah. It was very funny."

"But! We came up with an amazing idea, or at least Emma did." Spencer stated.

"Ooh! What?" Chad asked.

"Well, I was thinking that you guys could use a vacation, plus Jewel's birthday is coming soon." I started.

"And?" Joey interrupted, hearing his girlfriend's name.

"I was thinking that we could rent a beach house or a condo for a couple days. Get you guys away from Nashville and work for a little while." I shrugged.

"I happen to think it's a lovely idea." Spencer grinned.

•A/N•

Here we go! A short chapter, but I want your ideas before I continue on. Should they go on a little vacation? Your thoughts, please.

Vote and Comment!

-xxBabyxxGirlxx😘✌🏼️