Twenty Two

Emma's POV~

I sat on the step in front of Spencer's house. Tears fell from eyes as I sat there. I just didn't want him and his family see me as a mess.

As I calmed down, I just looked around the neighborhood. It was calm and peaceful. Just to think, if my fate had been different and I stayed here, how I could living in a cute house, possibly engaged and talking about raising a family. But I was glad that it wasn't the plan God had for me. Instead, I was living in a city, working on my dream career, I had wonderful friends, I had Spencer and Morgan, as well as Avery.

I sighed as a random thought came into my head. I grabbed my phone from my back pocket, and searched through my contacts. I paused as I landed on my dads. I hit call and pressed the phone to my ear.

I grumbled as it went to voicemail. I paitently waited for the beep. "Hey, dad. It's me, Emma. I know you're probably busy, but uh, if you could call me back, that'd be great. I'd like to talk to you again. I didn't know that you and mom got divorced, but uh, just call me. I want to see you again." I talked sadly into the phone. Once I was done, I brought my phone down and sighed as I hung up.

It began to get dark, so I got up. I was surely a mess, but I went inside anyway. I guess Spencer had fallen asleep on the couch, because it was quiet, while Mac and Avery laid on top of him.

I smiled slightly as I went over. I gently picked up his head and sat down, laying his head gently in my lap. Avery noticed me and got up. I laughed silently as he crawled over Spencer's face. Avery curled up in my lap, laying against Spencer's head.

Spencer groaned and moved slightly. I smiled as he opened his eyes, but quickly squinted.

"Hey," he mumbled.

"Hi." I smiled.

"Have you been crying?" He asked.

"No. I'm fine." I shook my head.

"Sweetheart, I know you better than that." He stated.

I sighed, "My mother just disowned me."

Ignoring the dogs, Spencer sat up and pulled me into his body. "I'm so sorry," he whispered.

"We fought. She was asking about you, then she was bashing on God, and I couldn't take it anymore." I mumbled.

"Sh. It's gonna be okay." He soothed.

"I found out so much about her in the 15 minutes I was there. More than knowing her 19 years of my life." I sighed.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked.

"Not really. I don't want to bother you with my hateful family problems." I muttered.

"That's impossible. Baby, you could never bother me. Okay? I'm here to listen." He reassured.

"She was asking about you, and I said all these great things. She asked how I met you. She even asked if we've slept together. We've barely kissed within the month we've been together." I sighed, "But I was telling her that I was pure, and my life belongs to the Lord. Then she started bashing on Him. I stood up to her, then she began screaming at me. It went downhill from there."

"I'm so sorry, babygirl. I wish I could change it for you." He whispered.

"No. I'm glad that I don't have to call her my mother. She never wanted me, she wanted an abortation. She hated my father for making her go through the pregnancy." I cried.

"Hey, sh. It's all okay. It's all gonna be okay. You still have me and the guys, Morgan, Avery, and the girls. It's gonna be okay." He soothed.

~*~*~

I rolled over and was met with a sleeping Spencer. He laid on his stomach, his face towards me and his arm over my back.

Mac and Avery were snuggled together in between Spencer and I. I kissed his cheek and tried to slowly get out of bed. His grip tightened on me.

I sighed, and laid still. "Thanks for staying," he mumbled.

I smiled, "Sure thing."

He kissed my cheek as he fell back asleep. I smiled as my amazing boyfriend slept, he looked peaceful.

He mumbled something, and pulled me closer, not knowing that the dogs were in between us. Mac and Avery growled before laying on top of us.

My head laid on his chest as his head laid on top of mine. I felt a sense of comfort, something I could definitely get used too. I sighed as I brought my hand to his chest and began to draw shapes.

I jumped slightly as Spencer's mom came in, and stood by the door. She smiled, "Could you wake him up? Breakfast is ready."

"Yeah. No problem, we'll be down in a minute." I nod.

She smiled again, "Thank you."

I didn't get the chance to say anything before she walked out and shut the door. "Spencer," I whispered, "Spencer, you need to get up." I sighed and started to speak louder, "Spencer, come on. You need to get up."

He grumbled, "I don't wanna."

"Your mom made breakfast. Come on." I stated. He nodded and kissed my cheek before rolling over and crawling out of bed.

~*~*~

Spencer's dad and I stood on the front steps of the house, while Spencer and his mom rode their bikes along the street.

"I see traffic ma!" Spencer shouted.

"So, do you and Spencer have any plans for the future?" His dad asked.

"In our relationship?" I questioned.

"Yeah." He answered.

"None that I know of." I shook my head, "I don't really know what I plan to do in the future. Right now, I'm just trying to focus on Spencer and my career."

"I see. So, no plans to get married, raise a family?" He stated.

"We, uh, we've only been together a month. I really don't want to rush anything. I respect him too much," I responded.

"I see. How are your parents?" He asked.

"My dad, I don't know. Him and Michelle got divorced, and Michelle disowned me." I shrugged.

"I'm sorry," he apologized.

"It's not your fault. I couldn't have her saying things about my relationship with Spencer or God, or my father. I couldn't stand it." I mumbled.

"It's still not right for a mother to disown her child." He sighed. I just shrugged.

Spencer smiled at me as he came riding into the yard. He hopped off the bike and ran to meet me. "Hey, babe." He whispered, kissing my cheek.

"Everything okay?" I asked.

"Yeah." He nodded, "I just came to a water bottle."

"Stay. I'll get it." I offered.

"Thanks, sweetheart." He smiled.

I nodded and went inside, grabbing the water from the fridge. Spencer grinned at me as I returned.

"Here," I mumbled, handing it to him. He smiled and took it, kissing me as he did. After a second, I quickly pulled away, being uncomfortable with his parents right there. I sighed as he frowned slightly.

"Thank you," he whispered, kissing my cheek.

•A/N•

Guys! I have huge plans for Emma's parents in this book! Expect a whole lot more of them. Maybe a little drama, maybe not.🙊

Eeek. I'm sooo excited for the future of this book trilogy, and the response for this book alone is amazing. So far, I have 670 views, and it blows me away! Ugh, okay. I'm done now!

Vote and Comment!

-xxBabyxxGirlxx😘✌🏼️