Twenty One

~A Month Later~

Emma's POV~

Morgan sighed as I packed away my clothes.

"How long are you gonna be gone?" She asked.

"A couple days." I answered, "Spencer found an apartment and he needs his things."

"So, why are you going?" She asked.

"To see my parents," I mumbled.

"I thought they traveled." She stated.

"They do. I'm just hoping that this is the one time that they're home. They never answer my calls anymore." I sighed.

"Why is that?" She questioned.

"They were mad that I chose Belmont. I'm gonna try and talk to them. Get them to forgive me, and have them meet Spencer." I replied.

"Well, good luck." She smiled.

"Thank you." I nodded.

"Are you taking Avery?" She asked.

"I was planning on it." I responded.

"Awh." She mumbled sadly.

"I just want him to get used to the car. It's only for the weekend, then I'll be back." I reassured.

~*~*~

After the long 6 hour ride, Spencer and I pulled up at his childhood home. I glanced down the street, where a very nice home stood. All my memories came flooding back. Memories of Christmases where my parents just wanted it over so they could go back to work. Or my lonely birthdays because my parents couldn't find the time to fly home.

"Emma, babe, you okay?" Spencer asked, lacing our fingers.

"Yeah." I lied.

"It's okay," he whispered, kissing my cheek.

"Yeah. I know." I mumbled.

Spencer smiled as he let go of my hand. Avery sat in the pet carrier patiently. As I exited the band van, I opened the back door and grabbing the carrier.

Spencer laced our fingers as I met him in front of the vehicle. He smiled and kissed my cheek again.

I followed him as he entered the home. "Mom! Dad! I'm home!" He called out. I smiled as a small furball came running. Spencer got down on his knees and petted him, "Hey, Mac."

"Spencer?" A feminine voice called.

"It's me, ma!" He grinned.

A woman and a man came down the stairs. I stayed behind Spencer as he hugged and greeted his parents.

"Who's this?" His dad asked.

"Mom, Dad, this is Emma. My girlfriend." Spencer answered. He held out his hand, motioning me to come forward. I placed the carrier down and walked towards him. Spencer smiled as he laced our fingers. "I took her to our prom. I'm sure you remember her."