Thirty Six

Emma's POV~

Within a week, we were back in the studio. I was really excited. New covers and originals, along with their new album coming out in just a couple days.

I sat there, scrolling through my socials while the boys did their thing. I sighed as someone called, interrupting the endless scrolling of my Twitter.

"Babe, who is it?" Spencer asked, looking back at me.

"I'll be back. I have to answer this."
I muttered, dodging his question. He nodded as I got up, pressing the answer button. "Hello?" I asked, walking out of the room.

"Emma?" He questioned.

"Yes. Who is this?" I sighed.

"Shawn James. Your dad." He mumbled. My eyes widened. It took him almost three months to call back.

"What?" I snapped.

"Hey, you have every right to be angry. I'm sorry." He apologized.

"Three months? Really?" I huffed.

"Emma, I'm sorry. I've been thinking, really hard about this. I was scared to call you back." He sighed.

"Why?" I questioned.

"I remarried. I have a step daughter, she's 17. I've talked to my wife about this. If you're okay with it, I'd like to have my daughter back in my life." He explained.

"Honestly, dad, I'm not really sure if you deserve to see me." I stated.

"I don't, but Emma, I wanna try to make things right." He spoke softly.

"It took you almost three years to talk to me, dad. I never knew you and mom divorced, until I had her try to meet my boyfriend." I sighed.

"I know. We were going through the paper work during your senior year. It was finalized after you left." He mumbled.

"Yeah. So you didn't have for custody. I'm not dumb." I grumbled.

"Emma, can we talk about this over lunch? If you want, I can invite my wife, Misty. You can meet your step mom." He offered.

"I can try to get out of here. I don't know. I can text you if I can." I stated.

"Okay. I can work with that. Just let me know." He said.

After I hung up. I didn't really know if I wanted to go. Part of me didn't because he hadn't said a word to me in three years, but another part if did because I had always wanted a better relationship with my dad.

I walked back into the room, all of the guys looking up at me. I sighed, "Could I possibly get out for about an hour?"

They nodded, but Spencer got up, coming towards me. "Everything okay?" He asked.

"Yeah." I answered, "I'm gonna get lunch, my dad wants to see me."

He smiled, "He called?"

I nodded, "Yeah. Apparently I have a step-sister and he remarried."

"Maybe that's good." He shrugged.

"Maybe. I'll see you later, I shouldn't be gone long." I sighed.

"Okay. We'll be here." He mumbled.

"Would you like me to pick you guys up something on my way back?" I asked.

He grinned, "That'd be great, sweetheart."

"Okay. I'll see you later." I muttered.

"Good luck. I love you," he whispered.

"I love you too," I smiled, kissing him quickly.

I grabbed my things, and left. This was definitely going to be interesting.

As I left the the building and started the car. I quickly texted my dad and waited for a response. Which I finally got after waiting for five minutes. My father was taking his lunch break, and my step mom was taking her lunch break as well.

Once he texted me an address, I left. The only thing I was worried about was meeting my step mom, and the fact that this place my dad going is extremely expensive. Not to mention, very classy, and I was completely under-dressed.

~*~*~

I sighed as I walked into the restaurant, having people stare at me. My dad had finally caught me and waved me over.

I smiled shyly, looking at the woman who I assumed to my step mom.

She was small framed and had a slim figure. She could very well be my biological mother. Her blonde hair and brown eyes stood out against each other. And her slightly tanned skin looked beautiful against the blonde in her hair.

My dad stood up and smiled. His body was well toned and built with muscles, which happened to be quite imitating. Her dark blonde hair was grown out some, long enough to be put up, which contrasted against his blue eyes.

"Emma, I'm glad that you could meet us." Dad smiled.

"Me too," I laughed nervously, "I'm sorry that I'm underdressed. I just came from work."

"Sit please." He offered, pointing to the chair. I nodded and sat down. "So, where do you work?"

•A/N•

So, I cut it off because this will be an entire scene that I'm pretty excited for. It took so long, ugh.

But, vote and comment what you think!

-xxBabyxxGirlxx😘✌🏼️