38.2 Finale: The Wedding Vow

"Forever is subjective. It's up to you if you will believe it or not." -jazlykdat

***

Published by PSICOM Publishing Inc. Now available in bookstores nationwide for Php175. Grab your copies now.

[A/N: THANK YOU sa mahigit isang milyong reads bago natapos ang kuwentong ito. SALAMAT at ginawa niyo itong number one for quite some time at hindi na siya bumaba sa top 10. May epilogue pa at isang special chapter to make way for the series of stories para sa limang anak nila. Hehe! Depende sa schedule.]

***

Pakiramdam ni Lianna ay maiihi siya habang tinitingnan ang asawa niya. He is about to utter his wedding vow. For her, more than the I do's and exchanging of rings, it is the most awaited part of the ceremony.

Malimit lang kasi nitong i-verbalize ang nararamdaman nito kaya't kapag nagsalita ito ay gusto niyang namnamin ang pagkakataon.

He smiled at her as he raised the microphone.

"Before I will utter my vow, I just want to say I am sorry, my Lianna." He started.

Lianna inhaled deeply. Akala niya ay tapos na ang apologizing part nito. Matagal na namang natapos ang pagpapatawaran nilang mag-asawa.

"I am sorry that there had to be five before this wedding."

Bahagya siyang napatawa sa sinabi nito.

"I am sorry that I didn't let you feel secured and at peace before."

Napangiti siya. Wala naman na iyon sa kanya, humingi man ito ng tawad explicitly o hindi dahil nakikita naman niya na nagsisi na ito sa mga nangyari noon.

"I am sorry for bringing pain in you when I was hurting." He continued.

She nodded in recognition.

Vaughn raised his hand and caressed her face. Hindi kasi natatakpan ng belo ang mukha niya. Gano'n daw kapag kinakasal na may anak na.

"I promise that from this day onwards, I would always think of how you'd feel before doing anything. That all my decisions will always be anchored to you and our kids." He smiled as he said it. She can't believe it that the remark sent thousand tingles in her heart.

"I promise that I am going to share if not to shoulder all the pain and burden if there will be." His hand didn't leave her cheek. His thumb caresses her face lovingly. Parang hinahaplos din ang puso niya.

"I promise to trust you wholly. There will be no more sneaky plans against each other's back."

Napatango siya. Yeah. There will be no more sneaky plans. She promises the same.

"I promise to open up to you everything. My mind and heart will be one with yours."

Her eyes watered hearing him say those words.

"Lastly, love my Lianna. I promise you love." He smiled.

"...and love and only love from here to any path we may take. I love you very much my wifilicious, my Lianna baby."

Hindi na niya napigilan ang paghikbi sa huling sinabi nito. It was tears of joy and many more.

"Mom?"

Napatawa siya ng mahina nang makitang inaabutan siya ni Vanna Lei ng tissue. She's doing her maid-of-honor role.

Kinuha niya ang tissue at pinunasan ang mga luha. Vaughn hugged her close until she regained her momentum.