Chapter 24: Tour

Gerard's P.O.V

"Mom what the hell is wrong with you?!" I shouted as I came back into the lounge. You could cut the tension in this room with a knife. Mikey wasn't talking, my father wasn't talking, and my mom was just staring at me angrily.

"Gerard Arthur Way," she snapped. "I have never pictured you being the type of guy to get a girl pregnant when you're only 22 years old! You got your first girlfriend pregnant! I should have taught you better." She put her head into her hands. "I just thought you didn't need teaching it!"

"Mom," I said, walking over to her and trying to take her hand, but she pulled away. "I'm not leaving Izzy. You can't kick her out, please."

"Gerard I'm not keeping pregnant girls in my house for you!" she snapped. "You know I love you, but imagine what people are going to think if they see her walking around here pregnant!"

"Mom," I said, trying to fight back tears. "You care more about what people think than what I want? When have we ever cared about what people think? You used to teach me in school when I was getting bullied that it doesn't matter what other people think! How can you be such a hypocrite?!"

"I'm not being a hypocrite!" she said, her expression changing from anger to sadness. "Gerard if I take that girl in now, you two will always be here! You won't be able to afford to move out! I'm going to have to care for you, her and your baby for the rest of my life! I'm too old for this!"

"No, when the band gets big-"

"How do you know your band will get big?!" she yelled. "There are so many artists coming out of New Jersey- what makes you so sure that your band will make it?! If you're having a baby you need to stop this nonsense and get a real nine-to-five job so you can put a roof over your head!"

I began to think about what she was saying. She was right- I should be getting an office job and earning money to get us a house. But I had such a good feeling about my band.

"My Chemical Romance are different," I replied. "My Chemical Romance will make it big."

She pulled a face which implied that she didn't believe me. 

"I would tell you to prove me wrong," she said. "But you don't exactly have a lot of time."

I walked outside and went into the back yard to find Isabel. I saw her stood at the end of the garden, staring up at a pear tree that had been in my garden for as long as I could remember. She looked so beautiful. Her hair was long and silvery-lilac, wavy in style and fell down almost to her waist. She had a gorgeous feminine face but you could tell by her plugs and nose ring that she was into the same things that I was. She wore black skinny jeans and black Dr Martens, with a plain red t-shirt. She was the perfect woman to me. Because of that, she deserves the best. I walked up to her and took her hand, admiring her smile and how beautiful she looked despite the fact that she'd been crying.

"I love you Isabel," I said, rubbing my nose against hers.

"I love you too, G," she said, smiling through tears.

"We're gonna go stay with Frank for a while," I suggested. "Tour with us for a few more months, and then I will give you everything that I earn."

***

Isabel's P.O.V

Getting back into the touring van was extremely awkward for me. Despite our attempts to keep the pregnancy secret- Mikey obviously knew about it, and Gerard had told Frank about it when we had gone to stay with him. I had told Annie about it and so it was likely that Ray and Bob knew about it too by this time.

"Are you okay?" Gerard whispered as we lay pressed together in the back of the van.

"Yeah," I sighed. "I just feel like we grew up too quickly- you know? One minute we're students at NYU having an amazing time, going to parties- now we live in the back of a van and I'm pregnant. I just kind of wish I could slow down time."

"Growing up is a good thing," he smiled. "Remember NYU? Sophia constantly getting on our case? Having to study for exams? Your tiny dorm room bed wasn't much bigger than the back of this van."

"I know," I replied with a small sigh.

"Just stop worrying," he said, his hand on my belly. "We'll be fine."

***

We toured for three weeks around the East Coast. It was non-stop performing, driving and sleeping in the van. It was uncomfortable and unclean, but we made money. Each gig drew in a bigger crowd and more and more CDs got sold, and the couple of hundred t-shirts that we had made all got sold. Between the guys, they didn't have a great deal of profit, but they were building up a good fanbase, which Gerard promised me was important. By the time we returned back to New Jersey, I felt paranoid that I was starting to grow a little baby bump, which I know is ridiculous because I clearly hadn't been pregnant for long! 

"Are you excited to be back in a normal bed again?" Gerard smirked as I put my bag down on the bed in Frank's spare bedroom.

"Excited to be back in Jersey," I smiled. He kissed me quickly before running downstairs to get some food. All of a sudden I felt a weird twinge shoot through me. I felt a bit faint so I went into the bathroom to pee and sit down. Then I noticed something that scared me straight. I was bleeding.

"Gerard?" I called, my voice shaking. He didn't answer. I pulled up my jeans and walked back into the bedroom just as Gerard came into the room.

"Gerard I think we need to go to the hospital," I said, trying to keep my voice steady.

"Are you okay, what's wrong?" he said, dropping the food he was holding and coming over to embrace me in a hug. 

"I think something is wrong with the baby," I responded.