Chapter 29: Something Old, Something New

"Alright, it's out!"

We all cheered. Sat inside Gerard's lounge was myself, Annie, Holly, Frank, Gerard, Mikey, Mikey's girlfriend Alicia, Ray, Bob and Brian. Brian opened a bottle of champagne in celebration of the second My Chemical Romance album officially being released.

"Congratulations, G," I smiled. He smiled at me and placed a kiss on my lips. I looked around at the people in the room and felt happy. These guys were like my family- I loved all of them equally. Well, maybe I loved Gerard a tiny bit more.

Everyone began to drink and celebrate, congratulating each other and discussing how many records they were expecting to sell. Brian reckoned that the album would sell about 100,000 copies, which was huge considering their first album had at this point probably only sold about 7,000 copies. But I think everybody in the room knew that My Chemical Romance was something big, something special. They were different to other bands, and they stood for something different. They were inspiring, and they cared so much more about music than being famous.

"Thank you for helping me get through everything Izzy," Gerard said as he poured me a glass of champagne. "I think if you hadn't been here I would have become an alcoholic or something."

He laughed to signal that he was joking, but I knew he was being serious.

"Izzy," he said, kissing my cheek in a really cute manner. "We've been engaged for a while right?"

"Right," I laughed. "Why do you bring this up?"

"I promise you," he grinned. "If this record sells well, I'm gonna marry you as soon as we have the money."

"Gerard I'm not bothered about a huge wedding," I smiled. "As long as my mother is there, and you are there...I think I'll be alright."

I rolled my eyes. At least four times a month Gerard would bring up the fact that we had been engaged for a while, and I could tell that he was worried about me thinking it was never gonna happen. I had kinda given up on the idea of us getting married anytime soon, because the band came first. I was fine with that because I loved the band and I wanted them to be successful, but Gerard seemed worried about putting the band before me. Sometimes I wished we were a normal couple who would just stay in our house and have a cosy night in watching the television, but I knew we had plenty of time in the future for that boring lifestyle!

Gerard's P.O.V

"As long as my mother is there, and you are there...I think I'll be alright."

Her mother?! Oh shit. I totally forgot about her family. What the hell, I'm so stupid!

I had planned every last second of the wedding at the same time as recording an album, touring and keeping it secret from my girlfriend. I was pretty exhausted at this point, but I wanted to make sure everything would be perfect. Izzy had no idea that the wedding was a surprise, and I'm pretty sure she'd given up on the idea of it happening anytime soon, but I wanted to surprise her. I wanted to do something big to thank her. She had talked me out of falling into a depressed cycle of drinking and feeling sorry for myself. She had pretty much saved my ass...again.

I ran upstairs, pretending I had to use the bathroom and stole Izzy's phone on my way up. I dialled her mom's number, nervous to talk to her for the first time.

"Hello, Isabel?" came a strong British accent through the phone, reminding me that my girlfriend was British. I had completely forgotten since Izzy's accent was more and more American every day.

"H-hey, Mrs Spencer?" I mumbled. "This is Gerard, Izzy's fiancé!"

 "Oh, hi Gerard! Is everything alright? Is Izzy okay?"

"Yeah, Mrs Spencer, she's fine," I replied. "I just...I'm kind of planning mine and Izzy's wedding as a surprise...and I wanted to make sure that you could make it!"

"Oh how lovely!" she replied in true British style. "Tell me when and tell me where and I will definitely be there!"

"Okay," I said, feeling reassured that I hadn't completely fucked everything up by forgetting to invite Izzy's family to our own wedding. "Can you be here in a week?"

****

 I waited nervously inside, my palms sweating and my whole body shaking. I had never felt as nervous as this in my whole entire life- not when I was in high school being shoved around by bullies, not when I moved to New York and started at NYU, not even the first time I kissed her. It was even more terrifying than standing in front of the twin towers as they collapsed right before my eyes. This moment was the single most terrifying moment of my entire life, and I felt close to fainting at least eight or nine times. I waited at the altar, Mikey by my side, anticipating Isabel walking through the church doors.

Isabel's P.O.V

"Holly what is up with you?" I laughed as Holly dragged me into a dress store that her mother owned. She was acting deranged, giggling hysterically and dragging me around Jersey like a lunatic. She sat me down in the shop and her mother greeted me. Holly's mother was beautiful- tall and slim with sleek curly blonde hair that fell almost down to her waist. She looked not a day over 30 despite the fact she was probably at least 45. 

"Isabel," her mother smiled. "So nice to see you again. Are you girls ready?"

Holly nodded in excitement and I stared at them both with a bewildered look plastered over my face, which Holly had already applied make-up to. Her mother grinned happily and then walked into the back of the shop, returning with a dress....a wedding dress.

"This dress was mine," she explained, showing me the dress. It was beautiful- bright white and slim with lace detail around the waist. She insisted that I tried it on and it looked amazing- flattering in all the right places and incredibly elegant. She gave me a pair of white shoes to match. "I thought it could be your something old and your something borrowed."

"This is...beautiful," I said, staring at myself in the mirror. I felt too young to be a bride but at the same time it was the most exciting thing I'd ever experienced.

"Something new and something blue," Holly said, handing me a tiny silver necklace chain with a small blue pendant on it. "I bought it for you...I couldn't resist."

"Oh my god you're amazing," I said, fighting back the urge to cry. "But you do know Gerard and I haven't even begun to plan our wedding yet!"

Holly grinned at me again like a lunatic, making me wonder if she had actually gone insane.

"I've got something else to show you," she said, taking my hand and dragging me outside and back into her car.

"Holly I need to take the dress off first!" I insisted. "I can't walk around New Jersey in a wedding dress!" She ignored me completely and put me into her car, before driving off quickly. "I think you've gone insane," I added, but she ignored me again and continued to drive. We eventually pulled up outside a church. Holly got out of the car pulled me out also.

"Izzy," she smiled, taking my hand. "It's your wedding day."