Chapter 6

"I wish upon stars every night to wish that she could drink her words and realize how bitter they taste. Although I know that the words she speaks to me, are a projection of the hatred she has for herself, in the process, I don't think she realizes that she's ruining me. Whether she cares or not, I don't think I'll ever know for sure. But I'm trying so hard to keep afloat. Trying to remember that each time she has opened her mouth and shots have been fired in my direction, they weren't really meant for me. And yet somehow I allow them to wound me. To burn holes right through me, leaving scars only on the inside.

Time and time again, I have heard that no one will ever love me. And while I'm unsure if this statement is true, I know my idea of love is much different than the person who tells me this. For I know that love is not settling. Love is comfortable, yet takes you out of your comfort zone, in only the best of ways. It's looking at someone and seeing them look back at you, as if it's the first time they're seeing you, every single time. It's finding the stars in someone's eyes, and knowing you're home.

The stars are the only thing that make me feel like I'm home. There's so much beauty in just one star. Beautiful on its own, yet a part of something much bigger than anyone could ever understand. Although I love every single star equally, as long as I have just one to wish upon, I would forever be happy. For I know that one day, the first star I see every night, will know that I have believed in everything that it is, and it will grant me the best of my wishes. It will help me find my way home in the darkness. Always.

I wish to find my way home—with someone. I want to find that comfort. That feeling of knowing there isn't any other place I'd rather be, next to someone who feels the same way about me. I believe that love happens when we least expect it to, and so you will never find me looking for it. I'm waiting for it to find me. Take me by surprise, sweep me off my feet, fill my heart up not knowing it was empty to begin with.

I crave a life filled with magic, which can only be found in the smallest of things. I think there's a chance I might have that one day. When everything in life, everything that surrounds me, even if it's just a perfect moment, everything will be magical. Until then, I have the stars, and they will continue to make me feel like I'm home.

Girl_Disconnected"

The end of the day is nearing as I look out the window during last period. The pouring rain coming down from the dark clouds adds to my hatred of Thursdays as I watch it hit the glass. Although I usually love the rain, after dealing with Mom yesterday, I could do without the extra gloominess right now. I try not to let her words get to me anymore, but I can't stop thinking about how she slapped me. It threw me off, not expecting it whatsoever, taking me back to a time that I want to forget. We had lived so peacefully in our house for a fair amount of time that I had almost forgotten what it was like to be near her. And this time, the blow she handed me, rattled something inside of me that I couldn't shake off this morning when I got out of bed.

The feeling of my phone vibrating brings me back to reality and I take it out of my hoodie pocket to check the new message.

From: Unknown number
>>Sweet Girl  ;) ;)

Knowing it's Harry, I add his number to my contact list before sending a text back.

To: Harry
>>Harry...

From: Harry
>>Can I give you a ride home?  ;) ;)

To: Harry
>>What's with the winky faces?

From: Harry
>>I'm trying to be cute and...seductive?  ;) ;) ;)

To: Harry
>>Seductive?  Really? lol