Chapter 47

My eyes shift around the store in confusion. She must have the wrong girl. I have no idea why she would think she knows me, because I know for a fact that I would remember this girl standing before me. 

She is utterly stunning. Much more beautiful than your average american girl. Although she is far from the typical american teenager, with black eyeliner and tattoos down her arms, her green eyes are piercing and I want to ask her where she got her clothes. 

Instead I keep to the original thought I had when she first spoke to me. "Who?" I ask. Who does she think I am?  "I think you have the wrong person."

"You're the girl who sits on the hill in The Clearing," she says, making my eyes go wide. How the hell would she know that? "I'm right, right?"

"Uhh—" I'm frozen on the spot, unable to speak, to move, to even think.

"Wow," she breathes out. She sinks a little in her studded boots as she looks between me and the floor, working through her thoughts. "He actually listened to me."

"Huh?" I ask.

"The second I saw you with Harry, I knew you were her," she says.

"What are you talking about?" I ask. Let's not beat around the bush here, just fucking say what you need to so I can find myself a damn dress.

"I'm sorry," she says, a smile forming on her face. "I just can't believe it. After all this time."

I look at her confused again. "Explain what you're going on about, please! I don't have all day here. How do you know that about me?"

Her eyes flick back and forth between mine a few times. "It makes sense that you don't know who I am. I know Harry likes his secrets, since I was one of them."

"Julia?" I whisper, figuring it out with her words. I'm startled and confused and unsure of what's going to happen next.

"You know who I am?" she asks, surprised.

"Of course I know who you are," I state. "How do you know who I am? How do you know about my place on the hill?" I am freaking out at this point, my heart pounding harder than it should be. I hadn't even talked to Harry when they were together. What is happening?

"I'm happy he found his way to you," she says with a smile. "I always wanted him to be happy. And I always knew the only way he would be, is if he was with you."

"I don't understand," I breathe out, not hiding the confusion coursing through me. "You guys were together for so long, why would you think that?"

She stifles a laugh as if she's still in shock over this whole situation, even more so than I am. "Because it was never just about me when it came to him. I went to visit him almost every weekend, but if you were on that damn hill, he'd make an excuse as to why he had to sit on his couch by the window, to write or play guitar or whatever, as if he was keeping an eye on you every so often. It took me longer than it should have to figure it all out, but I loved him and I would have done anything to keep him. Hell, I was okay with being his secret for three years, just so I could call him mine. But there's only so much I could take, and in the end all we did was fight about you."

"About me?"

She shakes her head at what I'm assuming is how crazy she just sounded. "I wanted it to just be me. The envy I had for you was bigger than the love I had for him, and all you were was the girl who sat on the hill. It seems ridiculous, and he told me so many times he had never even talked to you before and he thought I was crazy. But I knew he was lying. I knew you were much more to him than just a mystery like he said you were."