Chapter 10

"It's easy to feel like I'm the only one in the world who's got it hard. The only one who's struggling, unsatisfied and at my breaking point, trying to hold it together. Because everyone around me has it all together. They are all happy, have wonderful families and know where they're headed without a thought or care in the world that it could ever come crashing down around them.

I know I'm not the only one though. I know that feeling is a lie. There is more than likely others out there like me who hide it all as well as I do. And if I hold on and find the courage just one more day without cracking, like I have so many times before, someone will find me and somehow make it all okay. Because we all need a little bit of help sometimes. Maybe they all seem put together properly because they've had that help I've been needing. 

I have come to realize lately that I'm not as alone as I thought I was. If I look around hard enough, there is always someone there, waiting for their chance to be exactly what I need them to be, and they will help me hear the music in the world to remind me that it won't always be this way. Someone is always out there, and that someone will find me.

And maybe if I'm lucky, he will take me to the stars and I can stay there forever.

I've thought for a very long time that all I wanted was to disappear, but I think all I really want is to be found. Someone to hug me so tightly that all my broken pieces are put back together, but not in an orderly fashion because I like that my differences have made me who I am. That I am not like the rest. I am capable of being my own person and be independent. And despite the fact I know I have moments of weakness, I am strong. I have to be, in order to live the way I do. 

But sometimes it would be nice to be taken care of. Instead of disappearing, to be found by someone who understands me and will accept me for the person I am. Someone who will take me to the stars where we could disappear together.

Girl_Disconnected"

"There's a game tonight, you should come and watch," Carter tells me, as I close my locker. "Ya know, like old times."

"Rehearsal for the Musical is after school," I explain, heading in the direction of the cafeteria for lunch. I used to go to all of Carter's games, but it's been over a year now since I've stepped foot in the gym after school for one of his games.

"It's the biggest game of the year," he begs. "It's the last game. You need to come. It's better when you're there. You're still my lucky charm." 

I finally look over at him, seeing that he's shyly smiling at me. I could never say no to this smile, the way he looks at me through a few strands of hair. "Yeah, I could probably make an appearance when I'm done with wardrobe."

Instantly he pulls me in, wrapping his arm around my neck in an awkward side hug and kisses me on the side of my head. "You're the best! I'll see you later!" I watch as he dribbles his ball down the hall away from me, my eyes diverting their attention to Harry, who is leaning against a locker at the end of the hall.

"You're his good luck charm, huh?" he asks, walking towards me after Carter has walked through the doors to the foyer.

"At least I'm someone's something," I mumble, rolling my eyes as he swings his arm around my shoulder. Instantly I slap his hand away and stop walking to stare at him. "Are you crazy?"

"What?"

"There are people around!" I whisper yell.

"I put my arm around all the other girls," he shrugs.