Chapter 6

Jen POV

It's the weekend, the last few days Josh didn't leave me out of his sight. Violet kept threatening me and occasionally throwing a punch or two at me. Today though Josh decided to take me to the beach to cheer me up and then we are having a sleepover at my house. I am getting ready, I wear a black low cut bikini, I put on a sheer lace beach dress over it, brown flats and sunglasses. Just as I finish getting ready there is a knock at my door and I open it to be greeted with a really happy Josh.

"JENNY BEAR!" He exclaimed pulling me into a tight hug

"HEY JOSHY BEAR" I laughed

"You look...sexy" he smirked

I blushed. "Lemme just get my bag" I got my bag from the couch and grabbed my phone and headed out to Josh's car. He opened the door for me to get in.

"M'lady" he said in a British accent

"Wow! Josh Hutcherson player to gentleman?" I teased

"Shut up" he laughed. I got in and he shut the door for me, getting in on the driver's side.

As usual he puts the roof down and we start singing like idiots. Soon enough we arrive at the beach and get out of the car. We find a place and lay our towels down. I remove my dress to reveal my bikini and Josh does the same to reveal his abs. He lays down on the towel and I looked at him confused.

"Aren't you coming in the water?" I ask

"Nah...maybe later" he says. I nod and head to the ocean.

Josh POV

I don't go in the water with Jen. I like to lay in the sun before getting in the ocean. After a few minutes, I decide to head in the water to give Jen company. I get up to see Jen talking to a guy, not just any guy, it was the dude from the park. I don't know what happens to me...my jaw clenches, my hands curl into fists. Jen comes back skipping and completely happy.

"Whats up?" I ask pretending to be interested and happy

"You remember the cute guy in the park?" she asks grinning

"Yeah..." I reply

"I just met him again and HE ASKED ME OUT!" She exclaimed happily

WHAT?!?! NO! THAT IS NOT POSSIBLE!

"Oh...umm...thats...great" I stutter. THAT ISN'T GREAT!

"I know!" She said giddily "Now come on..." She said pulling me towards the ocean

We swam and had a lot of fun at the beach. I loved seeing her happy, but I didn't want her to date that guy. I think I like her.

In the evening we headed to a restaurant on the beach. It was a seafood restaurant, we walked inside to be met with the guy from the ice cream truck in the park. Nick was it? He saw us and smiled at Jen. We walked to our table and had a look at the menu and ordered our food. The waitress was actually Violet. Ugh!

We finished our food now it was time for desert. Violet came back out to take our orders.

"So, what can I get you for desert" she said looking at me

I decided to flirt since I had no chance with Jennifer "Well are you on the menu?" I smirked and she giggled. Ugh! I hate that sound. " You aren't on the menu so I would like a chocolate Nutella cake please"