Chapter 12

Jen POV

IT'S PROM NIGHT! Jena and I are in my house getting ready, her really sweet date said he would take me in the limo with them too. Jena and I are currently getting dressed, I am in the bathroom in my room and she is using the guest bathroom.

I wear my white dress with black designs. My hair is in two fishtail braids which connect at the back. I am wearing a smokey eye look and nude lipstick. I put on a silver necklace and wear a gold and black bracelet.

When I get out of the bathroom there are 10 minutes to spare. Jena is already ready, I wear my back heels and then we take pictures. I hardly do because I don't have a date but my mom was gushing about Jena and her date.

Once we arrive at school there is music blaring, couples smiling and walking into the place. We get into the huge sports hall and quickly head over to the drinks and food.

"Jena, fancy a dance?" asked Jack

"Sure" she grinned "You gonna be okay Jen?"

"Oh...yeah! Don't worry about me, go have fun!" I smiled

They walked to the dance floor while I sat on a barstool and sighed, getting bored out of my mind.

"All alone, huh?" says a voice

"Josh!" I exclaim happily

"Jen!" he says hugging me

"What's up? Where's Grace?" I ask pulling back

"She is at the ladies room. You look really beautiful"

"Thank you" I blush

"JOSHYYY! LETS DANCE!" says a high pitched voice. Grace.

"Well...looks like you gotta go" I sigh

"Yeah..." he replies disappointingly

Josh and Grace walk over to the dance floor and get lost in the crowd of people.

"Hey" says another voice, I turn to see the one and only Nick Adams.

"Hi Nick" I reply

"Wanna dance?" he asks

"Sure I am not doing anything else" I reply with boredom filling my voice

We head to the dance floor and start swaying to the music. I don't know why he is talking to me again when he didn't even talk to me after that day.

Josh POV

I am on the dance floor with Grace, completely uninterested. I want to go back to Jen she is alone on Prom.

I am pulled out of my thoughts when I see familiar blonde hair dancing with a guy. Jennifer. She was dancing with Nick, but why? He is a jerk. I want to dance with her.

"Hey Grace, why don't you get us a drink?" I ask her

"SURE ANYTHING FOR YOU JOSHY!" she screams in her high pitched voice and I cringe

After Grace leaves I walk over to Jen and Nick and see them slow dancing.

"Mind if I cut in?" I ask Nick, making both Jen and Nick pull away

"No. Not at all" he says through gritted teeth

I wrap my arms around Jen's waist and she puts her arms on my neck.

"So...why were you dancing with Nick?" I question

"Well, I came alone and I was getting bored" she replies "Plus I also thought that I would find the love of my life tonight. Crazy and Cliché, I know" she chuckles