Chapter 19

Jen POV

Today I have no plans. I am just lazing around and not doing anything...ugh my life is pathetic. Being single sucks, what sucks more is that the person you love, you can't have.

"JENNYBOOOOOO" Josh says as he enters my room

"Ughhhhhhh" I groan

"Aww baby what's wrong?" he asks

"I have nothing to do...all day" I reply

"You don't, huh?" he questions

"Nope"

"Well...now you do. I am taking you to dinner tonight, wear something fancy" he winks

"But-" I try to object

"No buts" he says "Remember wear something nice. I am going out to buy something, I'll be back at 5 to pick you up"

I sigh when I hear the door shut signalling that he left. He said that he would come at 5 and it's currently 3:45 so I decide to start getting ready.

I wear this blue dress that I bought for something fancy like this, I pair the dress with black flats, a necklace and a silver ring. I softly curl my hair and pair the whole outfit with a floral bag. I go with subtle makeup because that's how Josh likes it.

I finish getting ready at around 4:30, I decide to chill for half an hour so I watch Gossip Girl on Netflix. While I am watching the show I can't help but think that this might be a date. Does Josh like me? He told me I was his dream at Blaine's wedding but then again he can just be flirting. I smile at my memories with him, the first time I met him and how I hated him, or the time that I knew I fell in love with him.

By the time I finish daydreaming it's 5:15, Josh still isn't here maybe he is running late. I sit on the couch and continue watching Netflix and scrolling through my phone and checking emails. It's now 6:00, I start getting worried so I decide to call Josh.

"Come on, pick up the phone" I whisper to myself

"Hey! It's Josh. You know what to do..." his voice says

I decide to leave a voicemail so he knows I am worried.

"Hey Josh. It's me, where are you? I am getting worried...call me when you can. Bye." I say

I wait for him to call back but I don't get anything so I decide to text him at around 6:30.

"Where are you?"

"Are you okay?"

"Josh I am worried. Please call."

I get nothing, no message, no call, no nothing. It's now 7:30 and I start getting upset, what if he stood me up? What if something happened to him? Without realising I start crying, messing up my makeup. I get so worried, but I still try calling and each time it goes to voicemail.

At around 9:30 I am still crying in the living room but this time I am on the floor hugging myself and trying to shelter myself from the cold atmosphere in the house. I can still feel the tears soaking my cheeks, but no sign of Josh.

Suddenly, I hear the door slam shut and I look up with hope that Josh is back. What I see surprises me and makes me cry even more, tears are now flowing faster, I am standing there frozen and looking at the horrible scene in front of me. The worst part is that he doesn't even notice me standing there with my hair messed up and my makeup ruined. He is just too interested in pushing a random girl to the wall and making out with her. Yeah, Josh and some girl are in OUR apartment making out.

I sniff, and that makes them freeze right there.

"S-sorry. I shouldn't have i-interrupted you in your little session" I say with tears still streaming down my cheeks