Chapter 10

1 month later...

Jen POV

After we wrapped up the music video, Josh went to school to get his homework and apparently made out with Rachel Hills. She had a cold and didn't tell him and Josh got sick. He didn't come to school for a week and I went to visit him the day after the shoot, when he told me. Luckily, the kiss and the video wasn't brought up at his house and it was all normal. Violet took this period that Josh was off to beat me up like never before because I kissed Josh in the video, I covered it with makeup and didn't tell Josh. The bruises were gone by the time Josh got back and Violet didn't talk to me after that. The whole school watched the video and congratulated me and Josh on the success.

Today is my birthday and 1 week left to graduation! I am so excited! I have to tutor Josh everyday until the final math exam we have this week, so I will go to his house after school everyday from tomorrow. My family as usual isn't here, they had to go to Kentucky to visit my uncle and I had to stay because I have school, but they said they would make it up when they get back. So it's all good.

There is nothing special happening today for my birthday, I am chilling on the couch eating Cheetos and watching Gossip Girl on Netflix. When the door bell rings...

"UGH!" I say and ignore it

The bell rings again repeatedly. I had no choice but to open the door, I walked to the door and opened it to see Josh standing there with balloons, a single rose and a paper bag.

"Hey birthday girl!" Josh grinned

"Hey! What are you doing here?" I asked smiling

"Well, I am here to give you the best birthday ever!" He grinned and I chuckled.

"Come on in" I said while opening the door a little more so he can walk in

"This is for you..." He said giving me the rose and the balloons

"Thank you" I smiled

"Your welcome" he grinned

"So what do you want to do?" I asked putting the balloons on the floor

"Well I am taking you to a picnic"

"Oh...okay let me go get changed" I replied

"Wait!" He stopped me "Here take this, I got it for you when we went to the mall the second time. I know you wanted that royal blue dress but they didn't have it and I really liked this one" he said while handing me the paper bag

"Josh you didn't have to..." I said

"I wanted to" he grinned

"Thank you" I embraced him in a hug and then went upstairs to change

I took a look at the dress which was really pretty. It was an off shoulder white lace dress, perfect for a picnic. I paired it with Topshop flats and wore a rose gold watch. I straightened my blonde hair and put on minimal makeup and headed downstairs. Once I was down I saw Josh looking out the window with his back turned to me. I cleared my throat and he turned around.

"Hi" I said shyly

"You look...beautiful" he smiled