Chapter 15

For AnnMarieThrush

A/N: Can anyone recognize the song in this chapter?

"Wake up, Scott." I felt Mitch poking my face. I cracked my eyes open and quickly shut them. He laughed. "I saw that."

"You didn't see anything." I mumbled sleepily. He leaned down to kiss my cheek. I smiled at the feeling. I took in a deep breath and stretched my arms above my head. That's when I smelled something really good. I opened my eyes. Mitch was sitting next to me with a mysterious little smile. "What did you do?" He leaned over the bed to lift up a tray of breakfast. I lifted myself up so I was sitting with my back against the headboard. He set the tray in front of me.

"Ta-da!" He looked so proud of himself. I leaned over to kiss his forehead. "Do you like it?" He gave me over easy eggs with two slices of toast. Then he had cut up fresh fruit and some yogurt in a tiny bowl.

"I love it. Thank you, baby." He came to sit right by me. I let my arm go around his waist. He let his head fall to rest against my shoulder. We sat in silence as we ate. I would feed him little pieces of my breakfast every now and then. He didn't seem that hungry though. "You feeling okay?"

"I couldn't really sleep last night. That's the only reason I was able to make breakfast." I brushed his hair out of his face. He wasn't looking at me. His eyes were trained on the tv remote on my side of the bed. I handed it over to him. He smiled at me. Then he turned on the tv and looked for cartoons in English. He had this trouble in Japan. Now he was having the trouble in France. He found the right channel though and settled down to watch the screen. I finished my breakfast and he ate a bit more. I was just very glad that he was eating. I let my head fall against his.

"What do you want to do today?"

"I want to stay in. I bet we could find something to do." Mitch pulled away with a blush on his cheeks. "I didn't mean that, I swear!" I laughed loudly. He was such an angel.

"Go get your list." He jumped off the bed and went to grab his list. Then he came back and we went through it together. I noticed he marked off number ninety four. I wonder when he did that. "How about....seventeen?" Learn to dance properly. Mitch looked at me with an annoyed face.

"I said I want to stay in. Who would teach us?" I crossed my arms over my chest and faked that I was hurt.

"I know how to dance. Ballroom dance at least." I stood up and brought my tray to the kitchen. He smiled at me. I could feel it.

"You're joking, right?"

"Nope. I had to learn how with my parents throwing all those charity things. They were awful." He stood up. That's when I noticed he was wearing a baggy sweater.

"Then teach me. I'm already wearing my dress." He twirled around in a circle playfully.

"Now why would I go and do something like that?"

"Because you love me." He became shy as I walked over to him. I held his face in my hands.

"First things first, I have to tell you that the kiss is always at the end of the dance." I watched as his eyes came down to my lips. I moved away and turned on a slow song. Though I had trouble hooking up my phone to the sound system they had. But it happened. I pulled Mitch close to me. His body was pressed lightly against mine. I grabbed one of his hands and extended out arms as my other went to his waist. He put his own hand on my shoulder. Then I marked through the steps for one whole song. Another one began to play.

"I'm ready."

"Don't look at your feet." He moved his head to rest on my shoulder. I nuzzled my head against his. I began humming quietly with the song. I decided it would be nice if I whispered the lyrics quietly in his ear. "That damn clock just don't stop ticking, ticking, ticking away that's the storm. Now my skin starts crawl I'm gonna tear down these walls, if i don't get out. I've lost heaven to hell and I know very well I'm gonna get it back." I decided to surprise and spin him around.

"Scott!" He giggled. I pulled him in so his back was against my chest. I put my lips to his ear.

"There's just this waiting game. And I don't know how to play. It's enough of a fight staying alive, anyway. Yes there's this waiting game. I don't know how to play. It's enough of a fight staying alive, anyway." I felt his smile right before I kissed him. I picked him up bridal style.

"Wow. You're so strong." He said it sarcastically. I spun him around in my arms. Then I got dizzy and I fell back on the bed. He landed underneath me. I quickly got most of my weight off of him in a panic. He was just laughing and trying to catch his breath. I decided to join. What is the worse that could happen? I felt his arms go around my neck. I searched his face. Those beautiful brown eyes. I sighed. "What?" He sounded worried.

"I'm so in love with you. What am I going to do with you?"

"Never leave me. Always love me. Take care of me. And let me take care of you. The usual." He shrugged with his answers.

"Hmm. I guess." He narrowed his eyes at me. "You know I'm teasing you." I was poking fun. He rolled his eyes.

"I know. Just shut up and kiss me then." And I gladly did just that.