Chapter 1

For AnnMarieThrush

A/N: Had to post it early. I wanted to know if you guys like it

"Fuck....I mean shit....I mean sorry." I immediately grabbed some napkins to clean off the stranger's shirt.

"It's fine." I looked up at him and became flustered. He's gorgeous. He had beautiful brown eyes that complimented his dark hair and sun kissed skin. I felt my eyes drift to his lips. The corners pulled into an amused smile.

"Did anything get you?"

"Uh...." He chuckled lightly. "My hand burned."

"I'm sorry." I took a hold of his hand gently. It was red where it was burned. My eyes were stuck on the hospital bracelet that was around his wrist. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"You're really asking a cancer patient that." He suddenly realized what he said. "Shit. I'm sorry. I just saw you looking at my bracelet and you got that look of pity and I can't stand-Ow!"

"Fuck! I'm so sorry." My thumb had accidentally went over the burnt part of his hand. "Let's put this under water." I picked up and threw away my coffee cup along with his. I apologized to the staff about the mess. Then I took the gorgeous stranger to the bathroom. I turned on the cold water.

"You're pretty nice for a rich boy." I looked up at him in surprise.

"How did you know I was...?" I trailed off.

"Your watch....It says Hoying. Your parents are in the paper a lot."

"I try to avoid that." His injured hand was resting on top of my open palm. "What were you drinking?"

"It's was hot water for my tea." I let out a light laugh.

"You went to a Starbucks and didn't coffee."

"I can't drink coffee with my treatments." I could tell he was trying really hard not to ruin the playfulness.

"What's your name?"

"Mitch Grassi. I would shake your hand but...." He stopped with a big grin on his face.

"I'm going to put it under the water. It's cold." I tried counting down from three.

"Just do it." He hissed in pain when his hand was put under the water. He hid his face in my neck. I was so surprised by his boldness that stumbled back. He tried to take his hand from under the water. I slipped my hand under his again.

"No. Keep it underneath." I took my other hand and gently ran it over the sensitive skin. Every now and then he would hiss to express his pain. "Keep you hand under the water. I'm going to see if they have a first aid kit."

"Okay." I got the first aid kit from the front counter. When I came back in the bathroom Mitch was sitting on the counter of the sink. His feet were dangling so childlike and he was watching the water cascade over his hand. He looked up at me. "I didn't take my hand out from under." I laughed. I set the first aid case on the counter.

"I'm so proud of you." I teased.

"Oh I've always dreamed of this moment." We laughed together. It felt good to laugh. And he was so sassy about his answers. I turned the water off and began to gently dry off his hand. "So what's your first name Mr. Hoying?" My mouth was threatening to twitch into a smile.

"It's Scott."

"Dreamy." I cleared my throat. I wrapped his hand in a bandage. I didn't think it would be safe to put medicine on it. "How old are you Scott?"

"I'm twenty six."

"You're two years older than me." Mitch looked younger than twenty four. "I look younger?" I scratched the back of my head nervously. I wasn't suppose to say that out loud.