Chapter 4

For aiizad33

"Relax. You're going to make yourself throw up." I put my hand on Mitch's knee comfortingly. He was staring up at my parents' house with a worried look on his face. It's been a couple days since that little episode and now it was finally time to meet my parents.

"I'm just scared. You would be if you were meeting my parents."

"I would be terrified. But mine are going to love you." I came to open the car door for him. His hand gripped mine as we walked the steps up.

"Of course they live in a fucking mansion." I laughed. He was trying to ease the tension. I leaned over to kiss his cheek.

"It's okay. Relax. I'll hold your hand the whole time if I have to." I rang the doorbell then stopped to speak to him. I held his cheek in my hand. "Just be yourself."

"But what if I can't stomach the food and I throw up? Scott, that's so rude. I couldn't do that to them."

"Shh. It's okay." He relaxed when I pressed my lips against his. We jumped apart when the front door opened.

"Scott!"

"Lucy!" I hugged the maid that was in front of me. She was an older woman who could do much better if she lost weight. But I wouldn't trade her for anyone. She helped raise me. Like an Aunt. I pulled out of the hug. "Lucy. This is my boyfriend Mitch. Mitch, this is Lucy. She's family." Mitch made a hilarious little squeak of surprise when Lucy pulled him in for a hug.

"So skinny, the both of you! We need to put meat on those bones." Mitch looked back at me as Lucy dragged him in the house. I followed after them, closing the door behind me. Mitch had his hand over his chest. I went to his side.

"Are you okay?" I whispered in his ear. Lucy had walked off somewhere.

"She hugs tightly." He cleared his throat.

"I'm sorry. I didn't tell them about you." I pulled him into a gentle hug.

"Thank you."

"Dinner is ready, love birds." Lucy smiled at us. I held on to Mitch's hand as we walked into the dinning room. He looked at the long table.

"You fucking serious? You guys are fitting every rich person's stereotype." I put my arm around his shoulder, kissing his forehead. My parents would be down in a minute. I decided to play with Mitch while I had the time.

"Do I fit the stereotype?"

"No." I held his face in my hands. "You're my hero." He giggle when I kissed him. He let out a quiet scream when I pulled him into a cliché pose. My arms were wrapped around his waist and we were bent over. His head fell back with gravity and his adorable laugh. I kissed his neck. "Stop. That tickles."

"I see you're getting along famously." My mom's voice scared me so much that I almost dropped Mitch. But my grip tightened on him. I pulled him back into a standing position. Mitch's face was completely red with a blush. "So this is Mitch." My mom gave him a tight, but friendly, smile. She is always suspicious of my dates.

"I think he's cute." My dad shrugged, sitting down at the table. Mitch hid his face in his hands. He was thoroughly embarrassed. I pulled the chair out for Mitch to sit down before taking the seat next to him. My parents were sitting across from us. My dad was patting my mom's shoulder. "Be nice honey." My hand went to Mitch's thigh. I meant it as a comforting gesture.

"So Mitch, do you work?" I dropped my fork on my plate in annoyance.

"Mom. Don't start this."

"The last three boys you dated were always asking for money." I looked at Mitch who wasn't making eye contact with my family. I moved my hand to hold his. "What's to say this one isn't doing the same thing? That's why I asked the question."