Chapter 2

For _ranabanana

A/N: The beginning is written so awkwardly. I'm sorry

"Hey." Mitch walked through my door without knocking. I looked up from the tv to smile at him. He sat down next to me, laying his head against my shoulder. I felt his hand slip into mine.

It's been a month since we've met each other. Ever since we had our kiss. But we haven't kissed that much since. We've hung out almost everyday. I think we got close the day after. I held his hand as they put the needle in his spine. I comforted him as he cried. Still....I haven't seen one of his bad days. I still remember how we agreed to start dating. It was a normal day.

"How are you feeling?" I squeezed his hand gently.

"I'm feeling okay. Better now." He smiled up at me.

"What are we exactly?" He sat up on the couch.

"Well....I don't think you want to date me." My eyebrows drew together in confusion.

"What? Why?"

"What if I die Scott?" He put it bluntly. I thought about it. Then I shrugged.

"So what? At least I got a chance to be with you. You're beautiful. And wonderful." His hands were resting on my shoulders as he leaned in to kiss me. He laughed as I pulled him into my lap.

"You're going to see my bad days."

"What's your point?"

"You can back out." I shook my head. He shifted so he was laying on my shoulder. I didn't want to just be friends with Mitch. Ever since we first kissed....I knew Mitch was special. I would love the hours when we would just talk. And I was so happy that I made that decision.

"What's up?" I realized something was wrong when he cuddled closer to my neck. He wasn't talking either. We were just sitting watching a movie.

"I want to get off treatment."

"What?!" I pushed him off my lap so I could look at him properly. He looked scared. I was scared. I was mad.

"Scott. I'm tired....if I die I don't want to be attached to machines. I want to live my life."

"You mean you want to die earlier."

"Don't say that. Scott....I'm scared of needles. I hate the thought of losing my hair. I don't like not being able to keep my food down because of medication. I hate not being able to get close to people." He put his forehead against mine. "Take me on date. Please. I just want to feel happy." I held his hand while we walked.

"I don't mind if you get close to me. Because you're not going die. I won't let you." We slowly made our way to the festival that was going on at the pier.

"You can't cure me. You can't give me your brain or you lungs. I just don't want to be in pain." It was sad. The fact that the whole time Mitch was living that he was also dying. I had to make my time with him last. Any moment could be my last with him. "Oh my god! Look!" Mitch dragged me in the festival. "It's so bright."

"You're adorable." I leaned over to kiss his cheek. We were walking around for a little while longer until I noticed something. "Wait here." I went up to a food stand. I bought something from it and came back to Mitch. "You've never tried candy right?"

"Yeah." He said it skeptically.

"Then why not start with the extreme. Deep fried snickers." I handed him the candy.

"Scott....I'll throw it up."

"And I'll be right there for you. Just try it." He looked at it then at me. I was smiling at him. He took a bite. "Eat it." He swallowed the candy with a disgusted face.