Chapter 1 - The Phoenix Reincarnation

At Soo-Won's Place~
Sora's POV

I was walking around Soo-Won's place since he asked me to help him choose a present for Yona's birthday. Yona is my sister who is older than me by 2 years. I stayed over at his place but sadly gotten sick on the day of Yona's birthday and couldn't leave.

I gave my present for Yona to Soo-Won so that he could hand it to Yona for me. My present was a pair of earrings that matched along with Soo-Won's hairpin present for Yona. I laid in the guest room having a bad feeling about today but shrugged it off as me imagining things and went to sleep.

Dream~

I see a beautiful, fiery bird with yellow/orange feathers like fire flying near a man with long red hair like Yona's. I watch to see them walking towards a group of odd people, one with a dragon-like arm, another with green hair and a high ponytail and a spear, one with beautiful gold-like eyes, and the last one that's all jumpy and happy like a kid.

Suddenly, everything from that scene turned black and another scene appeared. I looked to see a dark room and it seems to be Father's room but something sparkled like a metal. I walked up closer to see Soo-Won pierced the sword right into Father. I turned around to see Yona in complete shocked of words and heartbroken.

'Who is this person? This is not the Soo-Won we know.' I thought and then noticed that they can't see me. I watched as Yona ran away from the room but Soo-Won catching up to her along with his guards and she tripped. He then had a talk with one of his subordinates talking about KILLING HER?!?!

I continue to see Hak save Yona and everything around me turned black again. 'What was that about?' I asked myself in the darkness. Then a bird appeared in front of me like the phoenix I saw with the male with long red hair. 'That was a vision of what's happening in the castle, my dear.' She explained to me.

"What are you?" I asked.

"I am the phoenix inside of you and you are the reincarnation of the Phoenix who would stay and assists by King Hiryuu's side." She replied.

"Are you talking about the legend? I thought it was just a story about the four dragon warriors helping King Hiryuu." I said remembering the time I read the book from the library in the castle.

"Yes. It is real. The four dragon warriors were to protect King Hiryuu and assist you in helping him. Although as time goes by, people tend to forget about the Phoenix who helped the country." She said.

"Oh okay. So is my role to help/assist King Hiryuu? And who or where is King Hiryuu?"

"The reincarnation of King Hiryuu, Yona, your elder sister. You will soon also meet the four dragon warriors who will also help and protect you."

She then disappeared as fast as she appeared. A bright light suddenly appears before me and I walked towards it to get out of the darkness.

Dream End~

I opened my eyes to be greeted by sunlight and a man, Soo-Won.