Chapter 21 - Concerns

Sora's POV

Entering the village where I heard Yona and the rest are at, I looked around to see a lot of impoverished people. They look like they haven't eaten anything good for a long time. They don't look to be in good health either and the rotting stench in the air is probably full of bacteria which would only worsen their health.

This seems worse than all the other tribes and villages...

The Kan Family is not doing a good job to help these people.

As I walked into the village, I spotted a recognizable figure. Someone I haven't seen for a long time, Kan Tae-jun. Surprisingly, he is running around the village with his men, helping the villagers around.

'I guess not all the people in the Kan Family are that bad.' I watched them rush around with a smile.

"SORA!!" I hear a yell for my name and turned around to see Yona running up to me. She jumped onto and gave me a large hug.

"Hey, Yona. I'm back..." I patted her back to comfort her. "I see you guys made another big accomplishment. I'm proud of you, Yona."

"Ohhhh so the shorty finally decided to come back. Was it fun disappearing without telling us?" And there is Hak with his snarky comments as usual. He had a face full of anger like he was about to blow up any second.

"Way to ruin the moment." I commented as I came out of Yona's hug.

"So care to say where you went for the past couple of weeks?" Hak asked rudely but you can still hear a hint of concern laced in his voice.

I kept quiet as I didn't know how to reply to him without making him angry. I know he will become erupted in anger by then. However, my quietness made him more upset too.

Hak's POV

Sora just kept quiet without saying anything. Did she not have a bit of guilt for leaving us like that? I was getting more upset overtime through the silence.

"Oh, so we don't have a right to know where you disappeared to. So if you are off dead somewhere we shouldn't care also?!" I yelled.

"HAK!" Yona-hime yelled in protest towards me. However, I just wanted to let my feelings out.

'Do you know how much we worried about your safety?'

'How much concerns we had for you?'

'How we tried to look for you but you weren't anywhere to be found?'

'How much...I miss you?'

'Did you know how scared I was that you might have died?'

Throughout the time you disappeared, I finally sorted out my thoughts and realized my feelings for you. But you weren't anywhere. The feeling of emptiness in me when I wasn't sure of your safety.

"...went to...place..." Just then, Sora broke me out of my thoughts. Although I couldn't hear what she said since she mumbled, but I was glad she finally replied.

"What did you say?"

"I went to Soo-Won's place..."

___________________________________

A/N:

To my readers, I know I haven't updated in a long time and I apologize for the wait. My writing comes based on my mood so the updates will be irregular. But I do promise to finish this book.

And there are probably some people who will say that Hak is meant for Yona and that Sora shouldn't take him. But this is a fanfic and is my fantasy so if you don't like it, you are welcomed to stop reading.