Chapter 22 - Sorry

Sora's POV

"I went to Soo-Won's place..."

There was a long moment of silence as everyone processed what they heard. Yona stared with wide eyes and some fear plus hatred lingered in her eyes. Hak's reaction was a different story.

Hak's face was dark and he had a menacing look on his face. You can feel the bloodlust looming in the air. It seems like Soo-Won is a trigger to his anger.

"You what?!" Hak finally yelled out after getting a bit of his senses up. He gripped onto my shoulders and stares at me into the eye. I saw concern, fear, anger, and a bit of betrayal in his eyes.

"..sorry..." Seeing Hak like this just made me instantly apologize. I shouldn't have left without telling anyone, especially if it's with...

...Soo-Won.

"Mah~ don't be so harsh on Sora-chan~" Jaeha's voice suddenly interrupted the atmosphere.

"Droopy-eyes! Butt out of this!" Hak yelled at him.

I tugged onto his robe which caught his attention. He looked towards me only to be hit with teary eyes and I depressed expression.

"H-Hak...sorry, I promise *hic* I'll tell you if I leave *hic* next time." Tears were coming out of my eyes as I tried to get his forgiveness.

(how she looks like with those tears^^^)

"Sigh." He pats my head and I could see a small blush forming on my face. "Fine. And I'm sorry for yelling at you."

"So you're not mad at me anymore?" I looked at him with hope. He then shakes his head.

My crying face immediately changed into a smiling as if those tears were never there.

"I knew Hak would forgive me. Come on Yona, let's go around here while you tell me what happened while I was gone." I grabbed Yona's hand and started pulling her away from Hak.

Hak was still in a moment of speechlessness. It took him a moment to figure out he was tricked and hearing Jaeha snickering behind him didn't help.

As Yona and I were walking around the village, Yona and I decided to completely avoid the topic of meeting Soo-Won. I learned that they had found Ouryuu. And quite surprisingly, he showed up himself at their dinner table.

"So you guys are planning to go the Kai Empire next? That sounds fun. When will we be going?" I questioned. I never set my foot out of here so I wonder how it looks like over there.

"We'll be going in the next few days."