Chapter 16

{ Superficial Love by Ruth B }

I have successfully avoided Lucas the whole day. Well, unless he's been ignoring me then that turns the whole situation around. It's practically the end of the school day, so I head to the drama stage or department. Auditions are at the end of the day so we have more time if it runs late for some reason. I willingly step into the drama department for auditions risking the chance of seeing Lucas. Thankfully he wasn't there yet. We started auditions before a couple minutes early, but I didn't mind. I wait for maybe 20 minutes until it's my turn. I step onto the stage and just talk. "Um...hi. Okay I know I signed up for couples auditions but, um, he's not here," I pause and mumble,"Thankfully." Then countinue,"I was hoping I could maybe just audition with a song because this is kinda a musical and-" Mrs.Jankins stops me.

"Just go with whatever you're comfortable with."

"Oh, okay thank you." I smile a little too brightly and open my mouth.

~~~
After auditions

I walk outside of the school feeling pretty proud of myself. Farkle's parked right in the front. He rolls down the window.

"So how'd it go?" He asks.

"I'll answer that question once you open this door." I say pulling at the car handle. He unlocks the car. I step in not really suprise Riley's here. Then she asks me the same question. "It was fine, I just sang instead of doing the actual script but I think I did pretty well."

"Wait, so you ignored the script! How do you expect to get the part then?" I shrug.

"I dunno. I'll just hope." We were still parked on school property, so I glance a little to my right and see Lucas working his girlfriend. I sigh and turn back to my family. Well Riley and Farkle. We get to the house and Farkle leaves us be. "Okay, Riles, I know we have school tomorrow, but before you say anything this is for the greater good." I stop thinking she'll says something, but she doesn't respond. "Would you mind if we could have a The 100 maeathon?" I question, but I say it more like a statement. She puts up one finger.

"One. We don't have school tomorrow, it's teachers institute." She puts up another figer. "Two. OF FREAKING COURSE I WOULD BEING WATCH THE 100 WITH YOU!" She screamed so loud I think my ears are dead. And once again, she puts up another finger. "Three. You probs. Don't know this but Spring Fling is canceled." My eyes widen.

"WHAT!" I pause to think. She could just be kidding. "I hope this is a joke, I really hope this is a joke. I was so ready to not miss this thing." She gives me a little frown.

"I'm not kidding! It's for budget cuts or something." I sigh. Seriously. That was the only dance I was looking forward too because I didn't have to wear something too itchy or flowy. I hate dresses and I was ready to spend at least 100 dollars on one. NO LESS.

"And I know that you were really looking forward to this. I'm sorry. " She looks down, acting like it was her fault.

"Riles, I know it's not your fault. Our school is poor af. Plus, how would you have anything to do with this. I mean come on. What would you do." Which was true. She is so innocent and sweet. She wouldn't even hurt a bunny.

"But it's like my fault you're unhappy or upset."

"Really, how?" I genuinely do want to know why though. So Riley, get talkin'. She has been explaining it for maybe a half an hour and I stopped listening after 5 seconds. I cover her mouth. "Let's just watch." I turn on Netflix and get a couple of blankets. Yeah it does get hot here, but it's always cold inside the house. I find the 100 and start watching it from the beginning with Riley. Okay today is going to be an all nighter for me!

a/n
~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm sorry this is short and I didn't post last week. I've been sick for two weeks including this one, but in trying to hold it together. This is short because I'm really tired because the medicine I took makes you tired. I was falling asleep while writing this. So, this is sorta a filler chapter so I hope you enjoyed. 8D