25

~Clockwork's POV~

It's been a few days since Toby started training  (y/n). Honestly, everyone could see it. She was a lost cause. Slender would have her scattered in the woods by the end of the week and we all knew it. I was the only one who offered to help make it fun.
Toby had gone inside after (y/n) had thrown up to get her a glass of water, so set on everything working out, he refused to stop trying. I walked over to her shaking form, her face in her hands as she sat against the base of a tree. "You're a lost cause and you know it. You should just tell Slender to end you know." I crossed my arms, smirking down at her.
"I-I can't.. N-not y-y-yet.. Toby still-"
"Still believes in you? Stringing him along like this isn't doing him any better. I say, you should just break up and let him move on to someone.. more his speed." I glanced over at the door, seeing Toby through the glass as he talked to Jeff.
"Y-y-youre a real bitch, ya kn-know that?"  She stuttered out, her twitching more visible as she looked up.
"And you're dead meat." I shrugged, hearing Toby's rapid footsteps headed our way. I rolled my eyes, putting on the friendliest smile I could muster, "Good luck, I hope everything works out for you, (y/n)!"
Toby, goofy, adorable Toby only smiled at me, probably falling for my act of kindness as I headed back inside.

~Toby's POV~

I smiled happily, everything was gonna go great. Sure (y/n) was still upset about this, but she was trying! Slender had to give her some credit for that.
I came just in time to hear Clockwork give (y/n) some words of encouragement, though she looked a bit sour about it as Clocky walked back inside. "I think she's warming up to you." I commented, holding out the glass to her. (y/n) looking up at me tiredly as she took the glass, offering a soft smiled as she nodded, "I think so too.."
I smiled softly back, twitching as I sat beside her. "You should rest, you look ready to drop." 

I watched her fondly as she drank. she didn't acknowledge my comment for a while, downing half the glass.  When she set down the cup, she sighed. "Toby... I'm not sure if i can do this.." She kept her gaze on the glass.

My brows furrowed, "What do you mean? You're doing great! You didn't puke nearly as much as last time!" I reasoned. and it was true! She was getting better, she was getting used to it i could tell. If Slender gave her more time, she'd be more than capable of getting the job done! If only we had more time..

She just shook her head, setting the glass down in the grass before laying back. I followed her lead and looked up at the sky through the leaves with her. When things were calm like this i could relax. 

"I'm never going to meet Slenderman's deadline.." she said it more to herself than to me, it was only just above a whisper. 

"You will. I'm sure of it.." I assured, moving my hand to take hers, intertwining our fingers.